Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 10-14-2004, 06:45 PM

Default Re: TOS Changes and More

"how many times to you go to your Intro page"

As a matter of fact my TE link is pointed to my intro page. After it, I browse the gallery, the forums or my TE coleagues. In my case it's rare for me to see the Main Page. Don't know if there are more people doing the same. Just felt this way this alert could be more personal. Maybe the flash could be in both places...

With so many flashes this will become a disco! ;-)

"thread at the top of the page "
This was something to do along the flashing option, not an isolated action, because I agree that many members don't use the forums.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:19 PM
TE Expert

I applaude the new intentions reflected in the new TOS

A visable link maybe in the left frame just under the 'Search'-bar to here 'TOS changes and More'

still one thought as you know a lot of people they got less time due to their work .
why not giving the chance to all to play with the same cards and restrict the ratable critiques to ten a day ? and when the ten are up it changes to default 'comment' always undoable next day to a ratable one. 20 is too much as you got a intensive job.

I think it is for Adam an ungreatful job to play the policeman on his own, are there maybe other galant and simple solutions to encourage a good critique ?

a time-out after a warning is a good way I believe.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:48 PM

"20 is too much as you got a intensive job"

Henk, just because a member is allowed to write 20 Critiques with Points per day, that does not mean that he has to write them... Just write as many as you feel like, or have time to. It's simple. ;-)

Sometime ago they've passed from 15 to 20 because people felt 15 were not much, so you see it's just a question of perspective. I think 20 it's a balanced number for those that wish to use the point system.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:57 PM
TE Expert

another thought, and this may be way off (nothing new for me lol), is to have critiques with a minimum number of characters (say a hundred or whatever the number). Perhaps this way it would be difficult for some to write the same cliches over and over, and just meaningfull thoughts would be written.
Peter
Old 10-14-2004, 08:02 PM

"critiques with a minimum number of characters "

This have been previously discussed. The question is that people would then start to copy/paste the same critiques with small variations. So you see the cliches would be there again, only now in an extended version... ;-)

Those that are here to write meaningfull critiques write them no matter the rulles are, and those that don't want to critic well don't do it regard the rules. The question is personal behaviour more than a rule thing.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:15 PM
TE Expert

Right you are, I never can do 20 as I work and I don't feel like it as I tried once, now I prefer to post more when I got a day off so that I can look around too.

Maybe a stupid idea for the galant way to encourage good critiques:

Supposes I get a critique with a high rating and I got the strong impression it is only a comment ... suppose I, myself can change this critique into a comment loosing the ratings but indicating to the poster that you expect something more then a comment .... next day this poster correct the comment and gives again a rating .... galant it is, but maybe a stupid dream ?
was this ever proposed before ?
Old 10-14-2004, 08:53 PM
TE Expert

Default Tree yellow cards - then out

I have this dream of the future intro page (where I IE have 2 out of 3 yellow cards before the final red card:

<A href="http://www.johanson.info/te.htm">The new age>></A>

..I can't take this tread serious - sorry!
Old 10-14-2004, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Tree yellow cards - then out

Ahahahahahah!!!!

Although this is not politically correct I must laugh!!!

Very humourous, indeed.

:0))))
Old 10-15-2004, 01:18 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Tree yellow cards - then out

Jack, isn't it 2 yellow cards and you get red???? Hillarious. Why bother with points????Personnally I am interested in how many people had a look at one of my pictures and I am capable of givi g a big smiley for a shot that is not perfect at all, but where I think an encouragement is not out of place. One should stay realistic, a 12 point picture of mine has about the same quality as a 48^point picture of someone else... so what.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:25 AM

Good, however I'd suggest this change in bold:
New: Critiques which only include broad generalizations such as good composition, nice colors etc. should be marked as a comment. Writing these general critiques may be removed, and the ability to write critiques may be disabled. (It will still be possible to write comments.)