Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great noborders 2007-05-12 8:51

Hello Fahri, I'd love to go back to Azerbaijan, I only saw Baku and then travelled to Georgia by night, and I'll note that this town seems well worth seeing (specially if it is possible to sleep in sorts of guest houses, probably less noisy then hotels).
TFS, good viewpoint,
Cath.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:08 PM
TE Newbie

Default To noborders: Azerbaijan

Hi Cathy,

This town is in fact the biggest town close to Georgian border. As for accommodation they have several options there:
1) Kervansaray Hotel - in the centre of the town - a real Kervansaray from medieval ages, still used for hosting, but less merchants more tourists. Cheap accommodation rates, but it turns everything to be paid when you arrive (bell boy, breakfast, et.c). Also the rooms are not well maintained seem to be serving merchants again.

2)Sheki Palace - A brand new Hotel in the Center with expensive rooms (95USD) and again everything is for extra charge. Sometimes also lacks technical maintenance.

3) Olympic Complex - Bungalows away from the town, but less picteresque location than most parts of Sheki. It is not any friendly as the building and the area are important for the government.

4) Panorama Guest House - A really authentic and cosy place with some friendly staff, excellent food and service. But rooms do not have facilities the are outside in local manner.

5) Homestays - Inexpensive, interesting, casual. But facilities in the garden.

You are welcome