Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > TE Treks

Notices

Old 10-07-2004, 09:53 AM
TE Expert

Default Call for Parisian

Hello,

We are a few (at least three :-D) on TE and TL who whish to organise meeting between members from Paris and its surrounding. This shall give us the occasion to meet the persons that hide behind their nicknames and portfolios, to learn about us, shares ideas and why not organise some photo trek. Needless to say that those meeting are not only restrited to Parisians but to all member that come to Paris on the scheduled date.

For the first meeting, I propose the evening of Thursday the 21st of October starting from around 6:30pm. A place for that meeting hasn't been decided yet, I'm waiting to see how many member will be willing to come before choosing one. It will be a central place anyway.

So if your interested and you think you can make it for this meeting, please send a message to this discussion thread.

Thank you,

Romain.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:12 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Call for Parisian

Romain, I am frequently in Paris (at least two weekends a month), but unfortunately I won't be there on the 21st. I hope I get to meet some of you Parisian photographers in the near future! :))
Old 10-11-2004, 06:22 PM
TE Expert

Hello Piotr,

Don't worry Piotr, we will try to organise more meeting on a regular basis.
Eventhough, their might not be much people the 21st, I hope that if we do that regularly more people would come.

If you know allready your schedule for your next trip to Paris, feel free to send them to me so we can take it into account when deciding for the next meeting date.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:11 PM
TE Newbie

Salut Romain

I will be in Paris for the weekend of 29th October for definite. I am not sure after that at the moment, but I will let you know when I find out!

Thanks for your reply

Piotr
Old 10-13-2004, 10:21 PM
TE Newbie

Salut Romain!
Je trouve que c´est une très bonne idée. J´habite à Munich en Allemagne mais il se trouve que justement je serai à Paris pour le boulot la semaine prochaine! Si quelque chose se précise, je poste donc ici ce message afin d´etre tenu au courant.
A bientot peut-etre.
DK
Old 10-14-2004, 04:24 AM
TE Expert

Salut Dee,

Pour l'instant il y a peu de gens qui ont répondu positivement pour le 21 mais pour l'instant la réunion est tout de même maintenue. On ne sera peut-être que 3 ou 4 mais c'est déja pas mal pour un début. Aprés il faudra juste en parler sur les forums pour donner à d'autres l'envie de venir aux prochaînes réunions.
Je te tiens au courant de toute façon.

Merci et à bientôt.

Romain.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:59 PM
TE Junior Member

Ben non se ne sera pas un de plus malheureusement, moi je ne suis pas de Paris, mais je veux juste vous encourager, vous dire qu'il faut persévérer, car nous l'avons fait en Suisse, avec 11 membres TE le week-end passé, et c'était super (voir <a href="http://www.trekearth.com/read.php?f=6&t=38430&m=69557"> notre dernier message dans le forum</A>, ou nos photos sous le thème <a href="http://www.trekearth.com/themes.php?thid=1933">TE Suisse: les photos</A>).

Alors les parisiens et autres français de la régions réunissez-vous...

Et peut-être dans quelques temps on pourra faire des réunions internationales, qui sait..!!

Au plaisirs de voir le résultat de votre réunion sur TE
Salutations
Jacques
Old 10-14-2004, 04:06 PM
TE Expert

Je ne lacherai pas le morceau ;-)

Merci pour votre soutient Jacques et bravo pour votre initiative.
Old 10-17-2004, 03:53 AM
TE Expert

Hello,

Here is the address of the place we are going to meet. It is a Café recommended by Sylvie. It is call "L'Etoile Manquante" in the "Marais" district 34, rue vielle du temple 75003 (3rd arrondissement). Check the map. The nearest Métro stations are "Hotel de Ville" and "Saint Paul" on line number 1 (La Défense-Chateau de Vincenne).

For reminder, the meeting will take place Thursday the 21st of October starting from 18h30 but one shall arrive when one can. I'll try to be there few minutes before and to recognise each other, I'll suggest we all carry one or two cameras. As for myself, I'll be carrying two Canon's SLR. For those who want, I can give them my mobile phone number. Just send me a message directly through my intro page and the "contact me" button.

See you soon,

Romain.