Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photography

Notices

Old 04-25-2007, 09:51 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: tips for street photography..

.....100.000 exposures were said unexploited, either undevelopped or unedited at the time of his death.....
--------

Not even close! Bonjour friends of the Photography forum, my favorite feature on TE, I am starting to read my favorite section on TE, just back from Asia. Concerning the great Winogrand, here is what John Szarkowsky wrote:

"...At the time of his death in 1984, more than 2500 rolls of exposed film remained undevelopped, but the real situation is worse. An additional 6500 rolls had been developped but not proofed. Contact sheets from 3000 additional rolls had been made, but all with minimal and desultory editing.

Winogrand's processing records indicate that he developped 8522 rolls of film during his Los Angeles years, while the backlog grew larger. Some of the unedited work was done in Texas, nevertheless, it would seem that during his L.A. years, he made more than a 1/3 million exposures that he never looked at...."
Old 04-26-2007, 03:24 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: tips for street photography..

This to me always seemed to be abit of a reason why I nevr really took to him. He seemed to be the happy-shoot-lucky sort of guy. maybe because I have pains to sometimes even press the shutter once during a day, I have never really been able to identify with him.