Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 09-21-2004, 03:06 PM
TE Newbie

Default TE exhibition in Trieste: Opening and closing dates

First of all, I have to thank all of you who have collaborated with this exhibition sending us your photos at a resolution sutitable for the retroprojection on the maxi-screens or your authorisation to use the pics as they are downloadable from the TE web-site. Your kindness has been a great encouragement to me. If sometimes I have not been able to behave accordingly, I really beg for your pardon. I haven’t had time yet to make a serious check of all the hundreds messages and attachments I have received so far and some of you may have eventually remained unreplied. I do apologise in advance. I will try to send you a direct mail as soon as I will be set free from all the many things we still have to do. Once again, thanks for your patience.

The exhibition is almost ready, anyway. On Sunday 19th September, as previously announced, “Viaggiando Immaginando” was open to the public in a test-phase. The official opening will be on Sunday 25th. The photos we have receveived the authorisation to use (and we have catalogued, either in high-resolusion or in low-resolution) are about 1020, so far. We have inserted all these photos in the hypertext. However, in the slide show we have used only about 750 of them. This was mainly due to the fact that the response was not homogeneous all over the 24 time-zones. Moreover, the replies to our requests didn’t arrive at the same speed, either. So, while organising the slide-show the work had often to be stopped for the lack of pictures of a given type and of a given place, which sometimes would become afterwards too numerous to fit in the 50 seconds available for that time zone. Anyway, this phase is over now…

The exhibition looks very nice. We are looking forward to seeing how the public will respond. The tens of visitors who happened to come last Sunday were quite interested and pleased. I will let you know.

A further remark refers to the closing date. Since we are opening much later than we initially thought, the closing date, for scheduling reasons, has to be also put off to 2005 January 16th. That is 16 days beyond the term stated in the License agrements we have taken with some of you. I hope this won’t cause any incovenience to you. In any case, please let me know what do you feel, here or at the usual e-mail address.

Thanks you again,
Ettore
Old 09-21-2004, 04:06 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: TE exhibition in Trieste: Opening and closing dates

Caro Ettore,
non ci sono problemi per me: la licenza non ha una scadenza per quanto mi riguarda.
Saluti
Gae La Rocca
Old 09-21-2004, 09:38 PM
TE Senior Member

I am glad you managed to finally make it and hope it will be success!

I am just thinking about those who might be going there intrested in seeing there own pictures, is it possible to make a list of the pictures that were actually used?

Chiao!
Ebbe
Old 09-22-2004, 12:55 AM
TE Newbie

Nice to hear that Ettore.
I agree with Ebbe, i would like to see a list of the photos too.

Saluti!
Old 09-22-2004, 01:53 PM
TE Junior Member

Ettore - My daughter and I wish to extend our gratitude for all the work you are putting into this Exhibition. We only wish we could be there to view our photos. Good luck and best wishes for a successful venture.
Diana and Pamela Del Giudice from Canada.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:31 PM
TE Newbie

Dear Ettore,

I wish to extend my gratitude for all the work you are putting into this Exhibition, the time you have taken looking into the new text I send with my photo's. And all the time and effort you have taken in answering my emails, despide how busy you have been to make this happen!

Gudni Hardarson
Imynd
Old 09-30-2004, 04:14 PM
TE Newbie

Thanks for your words. To make a list of the photos that have been eventually used for the show is not that easy because we didn't record this final choice in the data base. But we are going to do it in these days and send it to Adam, who has asked me the same thing to set up kind of thematic section in the site. I will let you know.
Ettore
Old 09-30-2004, 04:42 PM
TE Expert

Default Ettore: thanks for the update!

Is it possible to have a list with links (maybe too hard) of the photos selected finally for the exhibition? I mean the photos from TE.

So we can internally see the exhibition directly within TE?
It is interesting to know.

Thanks for the hard work;

K.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:54 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Ettore: thanks for the update!

Thank you for thanking me, K.
I have just posted a reply about this list that I hope will be ready very soon.
Ettore
Old 10-15-2004, 07:21 PM
TE Senior Member

Hello,

I looked at the pictures taken from TE for this exhibit.
I think it's looks really nice.
One thing though,iI believe they are too many pictures of the USA
compare to the other parts of the world,
or is it just my perception?.

Thanks,
Claude