Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photography

Notices

Old 02-15-2007, 12:25 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Evren on TheOnlinePhotographer

I am not sure how many here read Mike Johnston's photography blog, TheOnlinePhotographer, but it is one I look at fairly often. Mike is a good writer and I have enjoyed his writing since he did the Sunday Morning Photographer on photo.net and the 37th Frame at Luminous Landscapes. He also writes a column for the British magazine Black and White Photography. Anyways, one of the regular posts me makes is called Random Excellence, and today it was Evren's work he mentioned. TOP is quite a well read blog and I think this well deserved recognition is a nice pat on the back for Evren.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:54 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Evren on TheOnlinePhotographer

Yes, Evren is an excellent and underappreciated photographer, I am glad others take notice. Good find Darren, I don't often read Mike, but some of his stuff excellent and quite a good entertainment.
Peter
Old 02-15-2007, 04:07 PM
TE Senior Member

Yeah, Evren is great photographer... one to learn from. But I doubt this is the first time he has been noticed like this and certainly not the last time.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:18 AM
TE Expert

Well this IS a welcome post, Darren, buddy. I mean I am familiar with Mike Johnson's excellent and entertaining sorties and now the guy has noticed what has been obvious to quiter a few of us for sometime, that Evren is one heavy photographic dude. His latest series on Tibetans by the way seems to have reached new heights, in my humble view...
Old 03-16-2007, 10:48 PM
TE Expert

hi guys,
thanks for your kind words really, and thanks Darren for your interest! :) i have just noticed the thread today.. didnt know that M.johnson was one of the main guys in the website, he wrote me an e-mail in January and asked me if he could use one of my images in the following issues, and i said yes thena forgot about it completely afterwards, lol! its nice to read all those comments about my work in February issue now..

thx again, best.