Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great batalay 2007-02-07 12:17

Hello Achim,

I looked at bothe the original and the version with the man in the foreground removed. I believe I prefer the latter. Moreover, although the very shallow water with ripples is interesting I would crop it. Most likely, I would make it 800x494 pixels, which would give it the "golden ratio" of 1:1.618. Trained in mathematics/physics and in art, I wrote a book about Leonardo, 'Math and the Mona Lisa,' about the intersection of mathematics and art. Leonardo the finest artis/scientist combination ever serves as a foil for integrating these seemingly disparate fields. The book will never be able to compete with Dan Brown's 'Da Vinci Code,' but it is the second most successful book about Leonardo. After less than three years since its publication it has seen eleven printings in English, and translated to 10 foreign languages. Accordingly, my interest in shapes and patterns. Yor photo would be more effective, I believe, if you would take your ws version and do a second one, cropping the bottom, making the image itself (not counting the frame) 800x494 pixels.

Finally, it is a fabulous shot. I love the action, the exotic setting of an alien (to my own) culture.

Warm regards,

Bulent

Old 02-07-2007, 08:17 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To batalay: Golden Ratio

Hallo Bulent,
thanks for you detailed comment and the very useful hint. I had just cropping the picture in the prposed way - it's great.
Thanks a lot
Best wishes
Achim