Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great ben4321 2007-01-29 13:18

This is a superb shot Pawel, on many different levels. The composition and framing are first rate, and the church looks great set against that intense evening sky. I see so many great night shots on this site that are spoilt by featureless black skies, and I'm glad you haven't fallen into that trap. It's all down to good timing, and you took this at the perfect point in the evening.
You controlled the difficult lighting very well, and that light trail is a nice touch.
The only thing I don't like about this is the square crop, but perhaps there was something you didn't want to include that was getting in the way.
Good work!

Cheers,
Ben

Old 01-29-2007, 08:44 PM
TE Newbie

Default To ben4321: :-)

The only reason for square crop is that I've got my Sigma 10-20 almost glued to my camera :-))) Moreover I don't have enough founds yet to buy Nikon 18-200, that's I'm using this wide angle everyday. The orginal composition of this photo is over 2x larger it's rectangle and shows only the snow on the square. It looks better now - I can show You original photo if You'll send me an E-mail - please go to my website and use E-mail contact to give me details :-)

Cheers,
Pawel
Old 01-31-2007, 06:58 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To ben4321: :-)

Just saw your reply to my critique Pawel.
I'd be happy to have a look at the original photo. My email is benwalmsley123@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers,
Ben