Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photography

Notices

Old 10-04-2006, 02:20 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Extraordinary "My America" exhibition

Merci d'avoir ete jusqu'au but de ta pensee, mn ami, ce qui me permettra peut-etre 'aller jusqu'au bout de la mienne.
En effet la phto des jeunes dans le cafe n'a pas a premier abord l'aspect d'un snap,grace a M. Canon!!! C'est a dire que la lumiere est sublimeil y a de belles omres,un cendrier leu translucie, etc. Mais en effet ce n'etait qu'un snap tres hatif et pas particulierement ien "timed".
Tout ca pour dire que je truve tes propos d'une rare perspicacite et 'un grand interet,meme s'ils me donnent mal a la tete, LOL!
Old 10-05-2006, 03:36 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Chris Morris...

off the topic...I know...

subject: British Comedy
Comedy genius - Chris Morris...Peter, I have a feeling that this is particularly "up your street"...

"Not so much a 'comedy show' as a conceptual art installation (only much, much better) Don't expect to ever laugh out loud. Now, 'Jam' is traditional comedy, deep down, with horrendously uncomfortable situations and ludicrous outcomes, much like the greats of the 20th century, mixed with a melancholy ambient soundtrack (of which I consider myself something of a connoisseur), though a word that is much overused in describing Jam is 'twisted', for which I can categorically say it is not. Bizarre, certainly, disturbing, possibly, though Acting and writing of Morris, Eldon and the like really does show one of the most down-to-earth, truthful and at times touching view of the world."

I highly recommend you try it out...they touch on some pretty morbid subjects which will leave you thinking...however, its a refreshing approach...
Old 10-05-2006, 03:39 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Chris Morris...

<a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/profiles/chris_morris.shtml" target=_blank>BBC review....</a>