Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 10:19 PM
TE Newbie

Hi Keith,
Interesting, thanks for the feedback.

When I look at my own Profile Overview page, the Map of Photographed Countries shows 3 countries (New Zealand, Indonesia, and Peru) plus my home country (USA) highlighted. Three other countries for which I have posted images (Iceland, Brazil, and France) are included in the Photo Location Information table, but not highlighted on the map. I tried logging out and back into the site, but same display results.

Obviously not a huge deal in any case, but seems like an odd inconsistency if you can see the highlighted countries and I can't.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:13 PM
TE Newbie

... and now it displays correctly.

Not sure if someone fixed something or if it was coincidental, but the map displays all posted countries now.

Last edited by stevenmelissa; 09-15-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:55 PM
TE Junior Member

Hello,

I've got the same problem with my map. I've uploaded some few pictures of Croatia, the country appears in the list of photographed countries but not in the map. Is there some time between uploading photos and updating of the map ?

Best regards,

Delphine
Old 09-18-2011, 05:28 PM
TE Junior Member

Default That's OK

The map has been completed. All is OK. Maybe the map updates each week ?

Regards,

Delphine
Old 09-23-2011, 06:42 AM
TE Expert

Default Map of Greenland

TO KEITH : I see this forum was started by Adam back in 2003 and then had a huge gap of 8 years until 2011.
I have read it all, and I see Adam's problem about Greenland was never solved, i. e . Greenland never appears on any personal profile.
It was brought up in another forum, and we were promised it would be fixed, but seems to have been forgotten.

Besides, I was always disappointed by the new brown and beige map which is not clear at all, whereas the yellow and blue on the beta trekearth is very neat.
Only one example : On my profile, Crete is quite clear on Beta, whereas on the new brown map, you can hardly distinguish Greece.
I long for the old map, even if it remained brown , and I also wish the beta map continued to be updated; One can always dream ...

I see the updating of maps on personal profiles is a problem anyway. See Aru_Earthwalker in "Forum feedback and support". Do people have to ask for their personal map to be updated ? Doesn't the function work automatically ?

Best regards.
Marie-Louise.

Last edited by maloutim; 09-23-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:15 PM
TE Senior Member

Thumbs up Updated maps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maloutim View Post
I see the updating of maps on personal profiles is a problem anyway. See Aru_Earthwalker in "Forum feedback and support". Do people have to ask for their personal map to be updated ? Doesn't the function work automatically ?
I think that's an effect of one's own browser not being refreshed. It may be done manually (F5) or it's done automatically after a certain time.

Closed Thread