Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > TE Treks

Notices

Old 08-08-2004, 12:40 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Canoe the World (around the world by boat)

I have a friend who is planning to take four years (with Winters off) to go around the world by a small boat. He is interested in interviewing for a photographer/adventure partner that can come along. The launch is planned for Spring 2005 from central London, through Europe, then Asia, Canada and back.

I've created a web site at http://galileo.spaceports.com/~bachmann/others/canoe for more information about Gordon, the trip and the boats which can be powered by row, sail or motor and configured as canoes or together as a catamaran.

Take a look and let me know what you think. If he doesn't find a photographer, then I may try to meet up somewhere for a picture, but most of the places will be remote after passing through Europe.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:15 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Canoe the World (around the world by boat)

Sounds great - but not for me! You could put this on Thorntree too?
Old 08-11-2004, 04:55 AM
TE Newbie

Drool worthy, as far as my fiance and I are concerned. I can definitely check amongst my more adventurous friends who might be interested. In Oz, we used to paddle 3 times a week in the sea off Adelaide with the dolphins, seals and birds, and this would be so much fun to do, if only I had the time!
Old 12-14-2004, 07:47 PM
TE Junior Member

George Fox will be joining the team so now both canoes are filled. It will be interesting to see how there cameras hold up as they plan to bring medium format & 35mm film as well as digital.

I'm hoping to be able to catch up with them part way around the world. I'll keep the web site updated with significant events. The launch is planned for the end of March 2005.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:41 AM
TE Junior Member

Dan - it still looks like a great adeventure and I'll follow from my armchair. It also looks like something that National Geographic could be interested in - have the organisers approached them for support?