Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great john_c 2006-07-30 14:08

Hi Dan,
You made the most of your chairlift trip up the mountain. This is a vast beautiful vista and you have positioned the statue very well in the frame. I would have been tempted to press the contrast button here to give slightly sharper relief to the middle and upper parts of the scene. Still a wonderful shot, with great clarity and definition from that super 5D. Have a good week, Dan.
John

Old 07-31-2006, 10:32 AM
TE Expert

Default To john_c: Heya John...

This shot was actually taken from the Lodge at the top. The Chairlifts don't afford very good views unless you straddle the benches, and view out the windows on one side of the lift (which by chance we spotted a bear from- no shots unfortunately). I didn't want to crank the contrast anymore as I was afraid of losing some of the detail in the shadows. I did adjust contrast/ levels in 3 seperate areas of this shot though. The sky and tops of mountains, the dark green bluff at the bottom left, and the rest of the image. Trying to bring out the best by doing selective levels adjustments.

I have to say, I've been struggling trying to maintain all the detail in these shots and make it under the 200 mark. May have to post some smaller versions for future shots.

All the best John,
- Dan

(P.S.- glad to hear your cabin on Pender's okay.... ;-)