Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Needs Improvement royh 2006-07-17 3:19

No he does not deserve it. Neither does his country deserve to be overtaken by the minority Hizbollah who stirred up a hornet nest last week. It's a shame what is happening to Lebanon, they should have taken care of the southern part of their country sooner instead of Israel who is doing that now.

Old 07-17-2006, 04:23 PM
TE Newbie

Default To royh: nobody can !!!

Royh,
I don't think you or me or anyone outisde lebanon can advise and tell what should or should'nt be done there !!!!
we all are manipulated and our views changed because of media, only the people living there know the original version
Old 07-17-2006, 09:24 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To royh: nobody can !!!

Rest assured I am very conscious of mass-media manipulation. I stick to all facts when formulating my opinions. And the fact is that Israel withdrew from Southern Lebanon and I watched the Hizbollah get stronger and stronger, and all the more audacious in their hateful rhetoric. Hariri got murdered by Syria and that was the perfect opportunity to show resilience and go after Hizbollah but Lebanon's govt did nothing. Now they are paying the price. Only now the PM Siniora is saying they want to gain control of the South, that they didn't have before.

All the while I am writing this comment and looking at this man's portrait and I feel sorry for all those poor people who are being manipulated by Syria and Iran.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:40 AM
TE Newbie

none of us need to know what is really happining there or decide on who is write or wrong...we do not need to have sides to understand their suffer...some one who is not any different than you or me is under life treath, has to deal with bombs every day and tries to stay alive..that is all matters...rest of us can not just watch it from a distance regardless of the reason or the way to resolve the problem permanently..cease of fire shall be the aim for all of us...hope it comes very soon..
Old 04-14-2008, 09:14 PM
TE Newbie

Dear Hakim,
With all respect, i do want to say that you are biased and you are not conscious of mass-media manipluation. And i mean that will all respect and i tell you i am not perfect either. But the the statements you make, all of them, are not necessarily purely right or wrong. Yes, I am for peace, and I think that countries neigbouring Israel must acknowledge the right of jews to live along side with others. By the same token, please keep in mind the fact that Hizbolla would not have been created if it werent for the israeli invasion of lebanon.