Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great tonyking 2006-06-15 4:43

Hey Tan,
This is such a brilliantly composed image. The landscape is so incredibly dramatic and, in spite of the scene being backlit, you've done a really great job with it. Although you say the image quality isn't so great, it still looks pretty good on my screen. I notice the time between when you took this shot and when it was posted and how you mentioned the image quality. Given that you talked about this in your recent critique of my scanned photo, it's quite interesting that you mentioned it because I wasn't previously aware that the age of a scanned photo could be a problem. If you have further knowledge about this, I'd be really interested to learn.

Hugs.
Tony

Old 06-17-2006, 01:09 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To tonyking: age

thanks Tony - it depends on how the negatives are stored, and the scaning method used, this is a home scan so it's not as well scanned as a photolab job, and since I have my films developed as I travel, on longer trips they get schlepped around in my daypack and sometimes get scratched, more so in dusty and windy parts of the world like Patagonia, India, Greece, AfricaTurkey and all desert regions