Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great david 2006-06-14 5:44

eric, this is awesome ... actually, i'm glad to find your gallery because you're using the same macro lens that i intend to buy. so i'm interested to see the results you get.

i have to admit that the leaf in the foreground is quite annoying, but the ant is in good detail. i like the colour.

how much more of a "close up" is this lens capable. let me know your thoughts! :)

Old 06-15-2006, 07:46 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To david: Macro Lens

Morning David

Thanks for the feed back and appreciate it very much.

Okay, let's talk about the lens first. Yeah, Tamron lenses, nowadays, is pretty good in quality. But the price is a little expensive. And moreover, Tamron lens came in DI concept, that's what we call digital lens. And it can be used in mannual camera as well. So, it's a two way lens, huh.
The nearest this 90mm lens can go to the subjects is about half a feet, that's about 6". But that's pretty difficult to execute a single shot of good sharpness and clarity. So, my advise is to swith your camera to multiple exposure mode and once you got your subjects focus, keep on pressing the shuttle. From here, you can sort out the sharpest image.

Okay, now back to my image. As you have noticed, those macro shots that I have posted in TE, which seem to have "something" blocking or something "distracting". That's my way of capturing the shot. It give the feeling and senses of like peeping through the green and natural to get the shot, rathre than a "clear" shot. Hope you got what I mean.

Cheers and good day.

Check me in again for further question, alright?

Eric Lai