Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Travel

Notices

Old 06-02-2006, 12:38 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Istanbul sights?

Hi, does anyone have any ideas of the best places to visit in Istanbul, either for culture or photo opportunities. As I'm Making a visit there with my family and wanted an insiders opinion on what to see, especially things that are off the main tourist sites/routes, thank you.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:46 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Istanbul sights?

As a street photographer I found just wandering the streets in Turkey provided me with the most opportunities. Coming from a fairly sleepy and conservative city, I was constantly surprised with how much life and activity there was everywhere I walked. I guess as far as tourist places, just make sure you visit the Bazaars, as well as the Roman Sistern which provided a few good shots for me.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:54 PM
TE Junior Member

Thanks for the info, i will certainly try to see as much as possible. though as you say wandering the streets is the best way to catch a unique and fresh image. take care tifah
Old 06-02-2006, 12:58 PM
TE Junior Member

Thanks for the info, i will certainly try to see as much as possible, though as you say wandering the streets is the best way to catch a unique and fresh image.

p.s just saw your photos. They're superb and i had already seen the one of the tatoo (the hand 2 figures) a while back and thought it was very unique and special.
looking forward to seeing more of your photos, and good luck with the book of your pics.take care tifah
Old 06-02-2006, 12:58 PM
TE Junior Member

Thanks for the info, i will certainly try to see as much as possible, though as you say wandering the streets is the best way to catch a unique and fresh image.

p.s just saw your photos. They're superb and i had already seen the one of the tatoo (the hand 2 figures) a while back and thought it was very unique and special.
looking forward to seeing more of your photos, and good luck with the book of your pics.take care tifah
Old 06-02-2006, 01:37 PM
TE Senior Member

Cheers mate.

I absolutely loved Turkey and their simple lifestyle, I'd be wanting to move there to love if it wasn't for the language barrier. Look forward to seeing some of your photos from there.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:25 PM
TE Junior Member

its so great when you discover a country or place for the first time and have that connection. Its really important for us all and makes us feel a little less lost. language can make a huge difference and i wish in the furure that will be less of an obstacle, but TE has made that a lot easier, but its such an addictive site that i really have to drag myself from browsing the gallery and get on with my own work. take care ps sorry for the mistake of double posting the last discussion tried to delete it but couldn't.