Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great AnimeshRay 2006-02-16 16:12

I think you are embarrassed to get closer, but do get closer, stay there for some time, pick up a conversation about the water--is it too cold? Get down and touch the water and play with a bit, if needed get into it up to your ankles or knees, laugh a little, talk to your companion so you become part of the scene, while all the time looking for the opportune moment and the right angle. Keep you lens fixed to ~35mm equivalent wide setting (don't fidget with the zoom, its not worth it). Then whip it out under your chador and shoot smoothly, without even looking through the viewfinder, take a few shots by moving the camera a bit this way or that, but concentrate on the angle at which the lens is pointing but, most important, on what the subjects are doing. You have the luxery of a digital, so you can quickly turn around, look at the replay to see if you are getting the correct angle, then switch back to the shooting mode, turn around and again wait for the composition to happen. Shoot again, while talking to your subject or to your companion. If your subjects are female, being an Indian yourself you don't have the luxery of unfamiliarity (thus, of transperancy). So you might find it useful to have a woman accompany you on your shootings: ask your wife or daughter if you can. Sure that's asking for trouble at home, but that is better than the trouble you migh avoid outside. Don't be shy. I think it is mainly your shyness that is preventing you from taking the decisive moment. Hope you don't mind my rants and exhortations.

Old 02-17-2006, 03:31 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To AnimeshRay: Tips to salil

Many many thanks for those wonderful tips, and i think within few days here in TE i have learned lot of things, I once more thank you and TE