Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great brasiu 2006-01-07 5:09

Really a Great shot, also couse you used a superb camera, i would like to know if you retouched the colour on PS.
Here the location 43.929 , 2.144

Old 01-07-2006, 03:13 PM
TE Newbie

Default To brasiu: Adjustments

You make a good question on whether I retouched the colour in Photoshop and I will try and explain some of the background to how this image came about.

The first, and most important, aspect to bear in mind is that the perception of colour is dependent upon the colour temperature of the incident light. Also, as a result of various textures and such like, our perception of the same colour may be different in varying situations. Therefore, when rendering a picture the technical 'true' colour may not actually produce an image which represents the 'emotion' of the original scene. If you shoot in RAW then it is possible to alter the colour temperature during conversion of the image which will subtly alter the hue of the picture slightly. In this case I adjusted the white balance to warm up the picture a little to shift it away from rather dull grey that would have been a default conversion.

The second set of adjustments relate to brightness and contrast. Increasing contrast increases the perceived sharpness, in addition, the eye is immediately drawn to high contrast areas in a picture. Therefore, it helps to increase contrast at the location where you wish to attract the viewers attention.

Thirdly, I pushed the saturation a little bit - more than I would typically do - but this picture is for someone else and they specifically wanted the effect which has been produced. It won't suit everyone, but for the person who wanted this particular image it gives them what they want ;-)

Thanks for the co-ordinates I will enter them into the appropriate box.