Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Travel

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 04:04 PM
TE Newbie

I'm from Pune, India. Though India is of full of photo opportunities, her large population I think offers the best ones. The markets, the narrow bylanes in any small or big town, the various festivals are the best places to capture a zillion expressions.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:43 AM
TE Newbie

I live in Crans-Montana (Valais), Switzerland. My favorite place to take picture is Vermala around the sunrise. When you are lucky, you can even take top of the Matterhorn from there.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:06 PM
TE Newbie

Default Vancouver Island & Olympic NP

Its hard picking one place. How about Western North America - Canada, USA, and Mexico? I guess that's a bit broad.

My favorite place just across the water from us in Victoria, BC is Olympic National Park in Washington State. It is hundreds of square miles of untouched and very diverse forests, beaches and mountains. You can hike almost forever on long sweeping alpine ridges, up along raging rivers or along an empty rugged coastline.

One very special place close to home is the "Broken Group" - a set of small islands off the west coast of Vancouver Island. Great paddling in a beautiful and interesting environment. Photo below.

Thanks for asking ....... Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gib-pano-Xsm.jpg (22.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 09-30-2010, 01:04 PM
TE Newbie

Post Re: Your favourite place in your country?

My favorite destination is Spain.

Spain is such a diverse country, that its difficult to know where to start. Whether you enjoy the beach, mountains, dry plains, tropical climates, skiing, trekking, long sandy beaches, hidden rocky coves, crisp cold mornings, long warm evenings, sitting by a warm fire watching it snow outside or sitting on a deckchair in the sun, sleepy rural villages, some of Europe's most modern cities, art, Spanish music....... there is simply something for everyone and for every moment.
__________________________________________________ ___________
Note from Mod : Advertising is not allowed in Trekearth

Last edited by Moderator; 09-30-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Publicity
Old 01-16-2011, 09:30 AM
TE Newbie

My home country is England. My favourite places for photography, and to visit would probably be Durham and Avebury (Wiltshire).
It's quite strange that for many years I had never visited Durham, even though I had passed through the area many times. In recent years I have been a student there, living in the castle which was a fantastic experience. Avebury is the poor sister of Stonehenge in many ways, but she is far more beautiful and atmospheric than her more famous sibling.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:50 AM
TE Newbie

hey,
my country name hi USA and favorite place is CA.its my native place...

India travel
Old 01-24-2011, 06:01 PM
TE Newbie

Default Favorite place - Panama

I'm from the UK but my favorite place has to be Panama. So many people have no idea where Panama is, they know about the Canal but have no clue as to its location at the eastern end of Central America. My absolute favourite place, though, is Isla Bastimentos - a little island almost entirely devoid of roads or vehicular transport (apart from a few bikes etc.,) mostly covered in rain forest but with the richest, most diverse, most spectacular wildlife of anywhere I've been. The beaches are glorious and almost entirely deserted, the sea is warm, silky and welcoming and everywhere you turn is yet another fabulous photo opportunity. As this is my very first visit to Trekearth (only heard about it earlier today), my evening is now committed to looking out some of my better images to post. Hope they can compete with the quality I've seen so far.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:30 AM
TE Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to nhanfoto

I live in Vietnam and I love some places following:

PhuQuoc island, NamDu island, CanTho, Dalat, Bao Loc, TraVinh.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:48 AM
TE Newbie

im from China.
My favorate places would be Xi'an city and Sanya bay.
Xi'an is an ancient capital of China,and it still remains the walls and other traditional streets.Delicious food like Yang Rou Pao Mo,and rou jia mo.Most foreigners who travel to China will definately enjoy visiting Xi'an.
Sanya is in the southest part of China.I really love the beautiful beach and sunshine.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:26 PM
TE Newbie

Talking Jullay:)

HI i belongs to india...in india i belongs to himalayas ..and my favourite places are HIMACHAL PRADESH & LEH LADDAKH... Snow stuffed mountains and deep valleys with rivers like byas and parvati in the heart of himachal.. and lots and lots of buddhist gompas in laddakh and same in himachal with uncountablehindu temples in himachal.. both of places are very very very beautyful.. muaah i love my himachal and laddakh

Culture in Himachal Pradesh:-

The population of HP consists of a medley of tribes, all speaking their own language. Some of them are the Gaddis, Gujjars, Mandayals, Kinnauris, Lahulis and Pangwalis. The majority of the people are of Aryan stock, with exceptions like the inhabitants of Lahaul and Spiti who are distinctly of Mongol origin. Perhaps the most exotic among them are the Kinnauris, known for their extraordinary beauty and ornate jewellery.
The great social fusion over the centuries, a process which is still going on, has resulted in many changes in the appearance and characteristics of our people. As such, like the rest of Northern India, they are ascribed to Aryan blood by mainstream historians.

culture in leh laddakh:-

Ladakhis are known for their cheerful disposition and most of their festivals fall in winters, which serve as an excuse for social and convivial gatherings. In summers, archery competitions and native version of polo are quite common and especially among the Buddhists, these competitions are often a local ball where folk songs and dances add to the jovial atmosphere and 'Chang', the local barley beer is amply used. The rich collection of oral literature of the region is full of occasion-special songs and poems and includes the localized versions of the Tibetan epic, 'Kesar Saga'.

One of the major highlights of the culture of Leh Ladakh are the monasteries that you will find in almost every village. They may range from huge complexes consisting of a number of shrines, prayer halls, etc to a tiny hermitage housing a single image. The other dominant faith, that of Islam, finds a presence mainly in the western areas of Ladakh. The early conversion of the sub-rulers of Drass, Kargil and the Suru Valley led to the penetration of the Shia sect in Ladakh. In the areas dominated by the Muslims, you will mainly find mosques, ranging from the small unpretentious buildings to the huge Imambaras.

Rather than rest of the Indians, the Ladakhis look more like the residents of Tibet and Central Asia, be it their physique or their facial features. Even though the original population of Ladakh consisted of Dards, an Indo-Aryan race, but large-scale immigration from Tibet changed the cultural heritage of Ladakh. The only people that resemble the mainland Indians are the Muslims, residing mainly in the Leh area. Songs and poems for every occasion, as well as local versions of the Kesar Saga (the Tibetan national epic) also form a part of Ladakh culture.