Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Travel

Notices

Old 03-16-2006, 10:01 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Your favourite place in your country?

My favorite place in the US is San Francisco. The weather is ideal, there is a tremendous amount of culture, the people are friendly, and the atmosphere is wonderful. One of the world's most recognized landmarks, the Golden Gate Bridge, is there as the symbol of the city.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:00 AM
TE Expert

About Italy, and about the area where I was born and where I live, I do love Duino, Duino Castle and its sourroundings: it is so high over the sea, and it is possible to see very far away, and the coast is so nice.
This place is famous because here Rilke wrote his most famous poems.

Far from my home town , in Tuscany, I love near Capalbio "Il giardino dei tarocchi", a magnificent work of art by Niki de Saint Phalle.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:25 PM
TE Newbie

Default Russia

My favorite place is:
city: St. Petersburg, Suzdal
places: Keno-lake, Lekshma-lake
and... I can to list without end.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:07 PM
TE Newbie

I live in the USA, and I'd say my favorite place to take photos is New York City. Theres so much to take photos of.

I've also been to Italy, and Capri is my favorite place in Italy. Capri is deffinitely my favorite place to take photos outside of the US.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:02 AM
TE Newbie

Default My favourite place in Bulgaria

Hello, Lynn Ng

It's Tsvetana from Bulgaria.
My favourite place I've been to in Bulgaria is the small town of Melnik. It's situated in the south-western part of the country, a few kilometres away from the borders with Greece and Macedonia FYRO. It's the smallest town in Bulgaria - an exception - almost 300 citizens! It's famous for a few things: it's an old town - most of the houses are more than 300 years old, there are also famous wine-cellars with high quality wine. And, at last, but not least - it's most famous for the rock pyramids surrounding the area. They are low height hills (around 100 metres) with various shapes and sandy tops, covered with bushes and trees.
The best shots are made in the town itself with the pyramids in the background: it's a unique scenery of old houses of different height and the sandy rock pyramids with greenish tops high above the town in the background.
What I liked at this place was the great hospitality and friendliness of the local people, they treat you as an old friend from far away visiting the town!
Concerning photos - if you get the opportunity to visit this place, I guess your host at the house you'd be staying at will let you take photos in the inner yard - these backyards are very picturesque and one can see pretty amazing things there :)

Next time I go there I will take the camera for sure and share the photos in TE! :)
Old 06-06-2006, 10:55 AM
TE Junior Member

Hi there,

My country is England - not a particularly big place compared to the likes of Russia, China and America.

I've visited most areas of England and can say, honestly, that the Lake District (specifically the area between Keswick and Buttermere) is my favourite.

It has the highest rainfall of anywhere in England but when it's dry (or snowing), it is the most beautiful place to walk around and to photograph.

I haven't been for a few years now, but will be going up there in late summer this year. I hope to capture some of its beauty to share on TE/TL/TN.

Paul.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:59 AM
TE Newbie

The International terminal at any airport in my country. :) Because then I'm going to some place very different which inherently makes it very fun and interesting.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:17 PM
TE Junior Member

My favourite place in Ireland would have to be Dun Laoghaire/Sandycove. It's by the sea. Lovely for walks in the summer, and great for stormy photography in the winter. It's also a very scenic area, full of history.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:22 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Your favourite place in your country (Greece)?

Hello everybody!

For my everyday life i choose the capital of Greece, Athens. It may have some problems (as every big city does) but it has a lot to offer (job opportunities, night and day life, sightseiing, nice beaches, all through the year).
The most beautiful place in Greece for me it's Santorini island (do i need to explain why?) and the best season to be there it's spring. A lot of flowers, few tourists and moderate temperatures.
But if I want to enjoy the sea and the most beautiful beaches, Milos island, Leykada island and Xalikidiki is my choice. There are amazing beaches throughout Greece but in these 3 places you can found a lot of them in a small distance.
For the winter (and for skiing) i choose Macedonia (Naousa,Veria and the surroundings), Phlio and Parnassos. In Macedonia you can find grate skiing resorts and divine forests. In Phlio you can find a small skiing center and a lot of picturesques villages around it. Parnassos finally has one of the best skiing centers in Greece and there you can combine winter sports, sightseeing (Delfi is very close), night life in Araxwva and sea in Galaxidi (a beautiful village by the sea).
Old 06-16-2006, 11:01 PM
TE Junior Member

My favorite place in the U.S. is San Francisco, and I count myself very lucky indeed to be living in the Bay Area.

My favorite place in the world is anywhere near a body of water (river, lake, or - especially - the ocean).