Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Old 08-15-2003, 08:50 PM
TE Junior Member

Default B&W or Sepia

Ned- Have you considered making this into an "Ansel Adams Look-a-like"?..... I think it might work really well... Just a thought from a Coyote.........
Old 08-16-2003, 05:51 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: B&W or Sepia

Hi JJ,

Yes I did, as I did with that other lonely house. In this case I liked the loud colors. I also have this shot framed in several different styles and again, selected this one because it "felt" the best to me.

On the day I took this picture, I took a couple rides encompassing and area of about 2,500 square miles. From a picture takers perspective, there were dozens of such little houses in various states of death. From the perspective of someone who loves farm county it was kinda distressing. I see these, what I have come to think of as "ghost homes" and think about the hope, the joy and the love that once existed here. Now with the builders gone, the kids gone and their usefullnes gone, these old houses, if they could have spirits... well.. just let me say it kinda brings a tear to my eye. I can't help but think of the history that those walls could tell.

Ned
Old 08-16-2003, 07:24 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: B&W or Sepia

Ned,
I figured you had already done the duotone thing and decided this worked better for you but I love B&W so thought I'd ask.
The history aspect hits me right in gut, so to speak- we didn't get the cabin of my Grandmother and Mother's birth saved. Nor the Ranch house down the river where I was born in a spring blizzard, everything gone and changed now. And the stories of hardship, sickness etc.- but also joy.......Even in the worst of times there is always some to lighten the load.
Thanks for sharing these great memory makers.....
JJ