Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

jinju 2005-11-06 8:18

Fantastic abstract lines and nice colors. Gorgeous place you found. Perhaps if you closed off the top of the pphoto with a crop in pp or a slightly different angle it would slightly imporve this photo. Still, as others say, its very well done and sen.

Old 11-06-2005, 07:04 PM
TE Expert

Default To jinju: "Gorgeous place you found"

Good morning, Rafal!

Thank you for your words that made me shy!
Even though Yuanyang is a gorgeous location as you said, I don't deserve to be credited such a finding.
First, when coming to "The Vietnamese Photographers Club in Houston" and saw the photos they took from Yuanyang, I just couldn't resist the thirst to see the scene by my own eyes. I confessed the wish to my son and he gave me the airticket.
Second, as soon as we climbed into the bus, we met 2 local residents who are students of the Kunming University, Foreign Language Faculty. They asked if they could practice by speaking English to us. They were on their way to visit Yuanyang, too. Quickly, they became our "god-sent" translators.
Third, in Yuanyang, we were lucky to have a nice tuktuk driver who knew well about proper photographic locations.
The last thing I did was being there and... learn how to play with a digital camera, after so much time with film.

In the last 6 months, I found out that it is much easier to search for "yuanyang" in google or yahoo. It's a convenience, and a fear: I am afraid in just few more years, after Chinese authorities enforces the tourist industry to the area, we will no longer have the taste of the wildness. So if you are to come, please do so asap.

Regards,

Thanh