Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Travel

Notices

Old 10-02-2005, 12:12 PM
TE Newbie

Default advice about Guizhou, China?

I have never been to China before, but I have recently become fascinated with the minority villages of Guizhou. Does anyone have advice about planning a trip to this less traveled region? In particular, I would love to time my trip so that it coincides with one of the minority festivals.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:02 AM
TE Expert

Default Guizhou, China

I have never been to Guizhou neither, but TE photographers have posted a lot of pictures taken of this destination. Maybe the photographer's notes that accompanied their postings helpful to your research?

Guizhou is in my plan too, after the planned return to Yuanyang next year.

Regards,

Thanh
Old 10-27-2005, 06:54 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Guizhou, China

welcome to my country.At least the region is very peaceful and the people is so kindly and warm-heart.and I am from Henan China.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:54 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Guizhou, China

I have been there last december. I saw Dong and Miao villages, very interesting and not much touristic. I travelled with my husband, and we had a guide and a driver in a mini bus. Roads are often very bad expecially to go from Yangshuo to Sanjiang, because they are working to improve them, so we have to go through lots of mud. But after that we reached wonderful villages and people! The village I liked most was Zhaoxing, all built in wood and with many drum towers. We slept in "Wooden Tower Inn": nice and friendly but ... rooms are cold in winter! I suggest to go in springtime!
Landscape is fantastic everywhere, terraces are wonderful.... hard work but so nice to see!
Go there and enjoy. Livia