Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Announcements

Notices

Old 08-03-2003, 09:28 AM
TE Expert

Default New "Themes" Section Now Available

This Themes feature allows members to group together photos in any type of theme imaginable.

Some details:

1. To add a photo to a theme, click the 'Add to Theme' link on the top left-hand menu section for the photo (first make sure to create a theme by clicking the 'My Themes' tab in one's 'Manage' section.

2. Any photo may be included, not only from one's own portfolio.

3. The order in which photos are presented is flexible and may be reordered at any time.

4. The maximum number of photos allowed in any one theme is 30, and the maximum number of themes per member is 20.

Note: If a feature already exists, please do not create a theme, i.e. Favorites, Travelogues etc. Also, creating a negative theme is not allowed and will be removed i.e. 'Worst Photos' etc.

Please let me know if you find any problems or have suggestions on how to improve this new Themes feature. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 08-03-2003, 02:58 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume
Default Re: New "Themes" Section Now Available

Bonjour Adam,

Just back from a short break in own country, we have biked many kilometers in the Dutch woods of the Veluwe, center of the Netherlands, to get fit again...
Very pleased by the new Themes feature. Tryed it right away with a "Mill / Moulins" theme page.
Thank you for your work mon ami. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Amicalement - Viviane
Old 08-03-2003, 09:36 PM
TE Newbie

Hi Adam,
Love the themes idea, thanks to you & inspired others. I created two different themes and they are accounted for under 'My Themes' but only one shows up under the Gallery>Themes. It maybe that everyone is excited about the new theme feature as they are activley being created at this moment and therefore a bit of overload. Or theres a catch!
Old 08-03-2003, 09:45 PM
TE Newbie

Resolved my own question though not sure of the answer. I posted a third image to the theme that was not showing up and it pushed it thru. Does it take 3 images to be posted before the theme shows up under gallery>themes?
Cheers Jeannie
PS. Do you ever sleep?
Old 08-03-2003, 09:58 PM
TE Expert

"Does it take 3 images to be posted before the theme shows up"

Ah, I forgot to mention that part, yes, it takes at least three photos before a theme is actually displayed in the Themes area. Thanks for reminding me.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:43 PM
TE Senior Member

Default New "Themes" Section - what is the purpose?

Hi Adam,

I don't quite understand what you're after with this one. It looks to me like "My 30 favorite photos that somehow fit together".

Have you given up on the idea of a searchable index of photos? Or is this something else?

I'd like to be able to enter keywords such as 'ocean sunset' and get all the photos of ocean sunsets rather than be limited to one person's selection of their favorite ocean sunsets.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:29 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: New "Themes" Section - what is the purpose?

"I don't quite understand what you're after with this one."

It's about allowing members to create their own themes to group together photos. The possibilities are huge. This doesn't supplant the need for in-depth categories/sub-categories.

In the future I would like to integrate sub-categories so one could select for example the category 'Nature' and then select sub-categories like 'Trees', 'Lakes' etc. This is what you are looking for, right?
Old 08-04-2003, 04:05 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: New "Themes" Section - what is the purpose?

Brilliant!! This is something I requested at the end of last year. I think it's a great idea. Thanks Adam.
Old 08-04-2003, 03:22 PM

Would it be practical / useful to have a simple text list, with link, of the Themes?
Old 08-04-2003, 05:56 PM
TE Newbie

I was just thinking... it would be a good idea to have some kind of flag to indicate if somebody has added your photo to their theme. It would be interesting to see how somebody has interpreted your work and with what kind of theme it has been associated.