Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great cgrindahl 2005-08-16 16:10

Gorgeous light David! This is what we live for as photographers, though not many of us have the patience to rise early or stay in the field late during the summer to take advantage of this rich, soft light. Congratulations!

The diagonal of the road is lovely leading the eye across the composition toward the tree, which you've thoughtfully placed off center. The shadow in the foreground doesn't help the image, in my opinion, though it doesn't destroy it either. I appreciate this is the scene you found and you worked with what was given you. A higher sun would have diminished the shadow but taken away the lushness of the light. C'est la vie!

You're blessed with a beautiful sky as well, the clouds running at a diagonal similar to the road and shadow, as well as the edge of the vineyard. It all works wonderfully well. The image is a bit soft to my eye, though in reality the softness works here with the lovely colors. I happen to put a premium on sharpness in images, but I know not everyone feels the same way I do about that. This is simply beautiful exactly as it is. Fine work David.

Old 08-16-2005, 11:26 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To cgrindahl: Thanks so much

I had to reply to your long comment.
I feel very proud you took the time to comment it so long.
Regards, David
Old 08-16-2005, 11:37 PM
TE Expert

Default You're welcome David...

I take much more pleasure from having real conversations about images than just about anything that happens on this website. I don't write a large number of critiques, but when I do I want to really drop into it and share my honest reactions to what I see. I'm an amateur like most of the folks here, but I trust my reactions to images. I also have no interest in being harsh but I don't wish to ignore what I see as problemmatic in an image. It seems you and I are having a bit of a dialogue out here in cyberspace. I'm pleased by that. I'm glad you welcome my comments.

Have a wonderful evening. I'm off to an appointment now. Be well.

Curtis