Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > TE Projects

Notices

Old 07-02-2005, 12:44 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: TE book - Thread of the filtering method

I think it is a good idea to first ask member who want to participate to propose a couple of their own picture. When themes for the book will be choose, a message could be send asking member who want to participate have to propose their picture until a decided closing date. Those pictures should be then submited to vote (by any member or a designated group of member).

I don't agree with limitation to 2005. This might sound personnal but take myself, I haven't post a picture on TE for more than a year and this for different reasons; on being that after the creation of TL, I've decided that since I'm not traveling then I won't be posting on TE and started to post my "local" shot on TL. I know this is a my own decision, some kind of personal rules. But eventhough I'm not posting on TE, I think I'm still an active member of the community, through forum messages that I regularly post on the forums, some critiques and comments I write sometime and through other action that might not be visible to the rest of the community.
I'm not the only one in this community and I think it would be unfair if we would left out of the project.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:00 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: TE book - Thread of the filtering method

I also do not consider the year of the picture a relevant thing to be taken into account.

Let us free this constrain and keep on considering other ways to filter the database.

K.
I think we should still wait at least a week before creating themes. Let us gather more information and ideas first before we get into the filtering and selection tasks.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:02 PM
TE Expert

Default Jack permit me suggest

to wait a bit more before creating themes

let us first put alltogether some basic ideas, during let us say a week or a few days more

K.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:28 AM
TE Expert

Default choosing which pix

Friends, may i say something about the choice of pix, either by own or from others. Personally, i think it has a lot more to do with professional publishing and editing than just choosing the ones we like, either ours or someone's. It is a very professional task, which does not mean we have to hire professionals absolutely, but we must be professional about it. WE have to look at te shots in a very detached manner, for what they communicate, and especially that the whole album will be a good representation of the membership, not just the photos, which anyway, we are not always qualified to know which one is best for publishing, even our own. Anyone who had to propose a text, a shot, something to be edited, knows there was still a lot of work asked, after first submission, and sometimes a good text we though we pinned down nicely, has to be completely re-written. So, I see the first submissions, and I accept they are nice shots, but maybe not the best to be published from the photographer, and again in regards of the whole project.
I am not sure if it has been touched upon, but let's have a team that works on the selection of images, and spend time discussing the shots, as well as visiting the gallery of the submitting member. Any editor would like to see a portfolio, not just the 2 pix that his author likes. We have a wealth of pix it would be a shame to ignore based on choices that may not fit best.
I'd like to be part of that team, if you want.
H