Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > TE Projects

Notices

Old 07-02-2005, 02:48 PM
TE Expert

Default Anyway this does not stop you

to go and check your portfolio to decide what pictures will you post!
you are absolutely free to start this process inmediately!
my dearest regards;

K.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:09 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Anyway this does not stop you

I think we should define a due date do sent the pictures... maybe someone as a HIT in his pocket and want to upload it... let's say, all the photos upload until end August?

Mario
Old 07-02-2005, 03:16 PM
TE Expert

First announce it on the front page.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:37 PM
TE Expert

Lots of to and forth..

IF the members interested are, at some time, to upload their suggestions (or connected them to a theme for first sorting) then we will see what's in the pot.. and then we can split in themes for the book. (I take it the themes we talks about here is more for the evaluating of the suggestions)

Of course when the member connect their suggestion to a "pre" theme there must also be a deadline.

Also important, we must define and be sure that any suggestion will fit technical demands for size: I.E photos under 2000x1500 in original will not do for printing.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:54 AM
TE Expert

Default uniformity

If this is going to be a book we need to decide on a uniform style of presentation. Size is the most important but what about things like borders? Everyone puts different borders around their photos, but in a book I think this should be the same for all photos.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:18 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: uniformity

I propose a seperate thread for
TE book - Layouts

PS
action ?
I see that interest is already fading ?
Old 07-04-2005, 01:57 PM
TE Expert

Default Henk

Hi, letīs create the themes today.

Please have the honour to do it.

K.
I am taking an exam today! so I have to study, I will return soon.

;)
Old 07-04-2005, 10:08 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: TE book - Thread for selecting the themes to be included

I was thinking about themes...

Maybe with ie 150 sheets, that is 300 pages. Let's divide that in 5. We then have 60 "themes".

Let's say instead of making themes based on geography or countries, we present 60 TE photographers! (much or little - well then who will come forward is still to be seen)

Well nothing for those who participate on TE and claim that evereyone else do it for their selfesteem... and really never saying why they are there themself... other than they love something that they alone can catch trough a camera. .. I sincerely don't know as I am in this for the fun of it - and still have not reached the final philosophing lay back attitude where my own thinking and definition of the world is the only "true" way... (I guess that is a drawback by having fun - you loose some philosphical points..)

But maybe interesting. Hmm... who are these people of TE, what are they speciality, how do they work, what are they interests? hmm.

Could be that some would like this... as persons and individuals are as interesting as some geography and landmarks around us.

What do you think?
Old 07-05-2005, 12:01 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: TE book - Thread for selecting the themes to be included

I see it like a challenge...

Personaly i'm here for the fun also, i would be proud to finish this with sucess (or relative sucess), i would be proud to buy some copies to give away to my friends... to give one to the local kids library... that's my aim...

For now, i still think that "learning the world thru photography" is better shown splitting the books in themes and sub-splitting in regions!

But i recognize that your approach is also valid, "learning the world thru the eyes of the members..." well well

For now, i still vote the first one, but interesting approach jack... definitly your style :)

M.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:24 AM
TE Expert

Default TE book - Thread for selecting the themes to be included

About the themes, i think we should go for Henk'e first opinion Henk:

- Theme TE Photobook 2005 landscape/nature
- Theme TE Photobook 2005 portraits/people
- Theme TE Photobook 2005 daily life/traditions/festivals
- Theme TE Photobook 2005 Decisive moments
- Theme TE Photobook 2005 architecture/street/environmental
- others .... to be develloped

---
About the filtering method i have another sugestion:

- Eachone of the active members in this project should add one photo per theme from their own photos

- Eachone of the active members in this project should add 3 extra photos dispicting the theme but they have to be favorite of at least one member with more than 10 points/comments

- Eachone of the active members in this project should add 3 extra photos from any other members... even if they don't want to participate activly we should ask them for permission to use it.

Doing so this way we are making a good mix between our photos, or own favorits, along with favorits of the others.

M.