Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great mimi 2004-03-16 23:15

Very nice shot. I like the symmetry of everything but the size of the two trees. I also like how the path leads the eye up to the building. There's an amazing amount of detail visible given how much of the building you were able to capture.

I work in a law school, and our building was built in 1999. It's great to work in a new, high-tech building, but to me, this is what academia should look like.

Old 03-20-2004, 08:32 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To mimi: New and Old

Thanks for the comments, Mimi

It's true they don't make them like this anymore. More attention goes to electronics than aesthetics. Which is nice in a way but it sure is nice to be able to be in an aesthetically pleasing setting, also. In fact the addition to this from about 20 years ago is very ugly yet functional. At least they hid it in a trench so it doesn't block any views. The new buildings on our north campus are great for computers, too, but not exactly attractive either. I jokingly call the north campus a "technological terror park" even though I live up there and often use the facilities. Except for the library up there which they have tucked into an unfriendly basement so the upper areas can be devoted to electronic resources.

Thanks again

Paul