Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great delpeoples 2012-07-11 18:08

Hi Craig

hehehe, well as you say, it certainly isn't the Waldorf Astoria but it's skankiness makes a great photo. On my behalf would you please go back to the hotelier and tell him from me that at 60 quid he's dreaming! Good to see you're back at your Blue Hours. I like the vertical frame which helps accentuate the distortion from the wide-angle lens. The colours are great and I guess the HDR has helped even out the light. Nice work, I'm really enjoying your Ugly Sexy series hehehehehe.

Cheers
Lisa

Old 07-12-2012, 07:44 AM
TE Expert

Default To delpeoples: Waldorf

Hey Lisa
funny you mentioned the name Waldorf Astoria....not sure what you're talking about or referring to....

but

its funny b/c just up the street from this Astoria piece of crap is another piece of crap called "The Waldorf"

I've been wanting to photograph is for a long time, just havn't gotten around to it.....it actually just went through a re-modeling, so its lost its ugliness!
I'll try to get it for you.

and speaking of Blue Hours, i'm gonna get a nice 'coathanger' style photo of the Lions Gate bridge before we're off to Poland next week, i'll try to post a good one if the lighting is up to par.

cheers
craig
Old 07-12-2012, 08:53 AM
TE Expert

Smile Waldorf Astoria

Hi Craig

What? NY being your second home and you've never heard of the Waldorf Astoria???

Have a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldorf-Astoria_Hotel

Vancouver it is not

Cheers
Lisa

PS: Not long now til your trip, I'm so excited for you both!
Old 07-12-2012, 10:23 PM
TE Expert

Even I heard about Waldorf Astoria, the famous Waldorf salad was created in New York City in 1893, by Oscar Tschirky, the maître d'hôtel of the Waldorf Astoria. The original recipe consisted only of diced red-skinned apples, celery, and mayonnaise.
And how I am excited about this trip! Only ten days left. I al looking forward to it.
Rgds M