Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great PecoBud 2012-07-10 7:38

I like this idea and would like to know how to do this. I have some photos that would really benefit from this kind of PP.

Superb artistic presentation, with perfect details and color mixing with B&W. Excellent job here Noel!!

TFS..........Your Friend from California........Buddy

Old 07-12-2012, 11:15 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To PecoBud: Selective colour.

hi Buddy,

I hope all is well and you are having a good week!

Thanks as alwyas for you kind comments on my pics. I wanted to just share how I do the selective colour like on the Trim caslte image.

In order to do this B&W and colour, I use Photoshop CS5 (though I have done it in CS3 as well).

Use the autoselect tool to highlight the areas that you want to remain in colour.
Once all areas are selected, right click and choose “select inverse”, which will highlight everything but the highlighted areas,
Then edit the picture to make it B&W and only the parts that are inverse selected will turn B&W leaving your chosen area in colour.

Some subjects are easier to do than others, flowers can be good because the auto select tool recognizes the large petals quite easily. If you are doing something more details though that the auto select cannot choose, you may need to do it using the manual select tool, which is much more time consuming and complicated.
One thing to remember, when you are making the image B&W, don’t change any aspect of it (Contrast, light etc), until you are sure that every part to be B&W has been converted, otherwise, the adjustments show up really obviously.

Hope that’s some help 
Noel