Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 12-18-2008, 04:07 PM
TE Expert

Default Xmas Time

This is a great time of the year that is up-coming. I think no fight nor unnecessary raws should occur...
One of the things that fall into one of those categories is the Polonaise's account block for 7 days and a "public strike" that has been voluntarily announced.

Here is my solemn and profound request to the TE site administration - please unlock our friend's account and let us enjoy this site's features during this Xmas period.

We all know the polonaise guy and his tongue. We all understand that he's quite often "a bit too much" in HOW he expresses himself but his intentions are 100% fair and if anyone of us has brain - he or she could learn from what the guy says. Period!
On the other hand I think that there was an overreaction on the mod's side to WHATEVER might have happened. Why I think so? - because initially P's account was disabled and noone knew why. Then few forum threads regarding the matter were launched. Next step was the admin's "step back" with his/her announcement that P's (and sbd else's) accounts were locked for 7 days (what an innovative reaction! and why deleting all P's photos if that was the real intention?).
I'm going to join the group's strike and refrain myself from any activity on TE for 7 days. But I think that a much easier thing to do would be "reseting" the whole affair and activating P's account and pretending that nothing ever happened in this matter.
I think that we all have learnt the lesson with this case and it's a high time to stop the frustration and let people enjoy this site again.

Please do not expand this thread - everything has been said in this matter in other places.

Peace,
JB
Old 12-18-2008, 04:17 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Xmas Time

Yes...You are a wise man, Jurek!

Admins! - take it into your hearts. We all love Polonaise's work - we want it back without more restrictions, and sensless discussions.

Be wise enough to take the ban off Polonaise.

Regards, Anna
Old 12-18-2008, 04:24 PM
TE Expert

Jerzy, I fully agree with your opinion. Now we have to wait whether there's something like human greatness behind the facades of TE ... perhaps we even will read an apology ...
I'm somehow proud about this revolt of the TE members!
Greetings!
Frank
Old 12-18-2008, 05:26 PM
TE Expert

What is going on ?
I've read under one of the photos admin's note the ban on Polonais will last for 7 days. There is no sight of mentioned note any more.
Somebody said (jrj I suppose) there is explanation of administration and promise of releasing the ban after 7 days - can't find any.
I'm wandering in the fog of suppositions...
Hope it's a misunderstanding or something of the kind.
Hope I'll enter TE tomorrow and will find no more changes of that sort and Polonais back with us and his brilliant collection of photos at it's place. Hope I won't be deprived any more of his knowledge about the art of photography which he is passionately trying to learn everybody willing to learn...
I do hope. And will wait till tomorrow, will wait 7 days if necessary...
Let be peace on (trek)EARTH
T.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:33 PM
TE Expert

Send a message via Skype™ to jasmis

Time of peace and forgiveness, but do they know it? We will see.
Best regards, brother.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:33 PM
TE Expert

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/photo1006291.htm

Damn, if this is not the best photo posted on TE about the Polonaise’s affair (and there are ( were ?) dozens of them !!!)

Exactly that’s what our Polonaise is all about
A sharp, spicy addition to the (otherwise dull) - TE

A jerk won’t digest him, a connoisseur – will love it !!!

J))))))))
Old 12-18-2008, 09:46 PM
TE Senior Member

One thing has not been said...

If I know George (even if only very very lightly), he must be delirious about all this! This is beyond his wildest dreams. Being the first member ever to be banned for 7 days, with all this free promotion, all these love demonstrations... Man, this is priceless!

If I know George (even if only very very very lightly), he must be more than happy with all this.
Only the best from the best are supported like this. Just read all the hundred threads (ok, even if there are always the same people writing in them...) and you'll find the greatest words for the greatest of all.

And all this for free...

If he were in my shoes we would certainly ask: "Where can I enrol for a 7 days banning? I want it too cause I deserve it more than anyone of this site!!!!" (with a lot of bold letters and lots of dots here and there)

Yes you do dear George!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to all of you
Old 12-18-2008, 10:36 PM
TE Senior Member

merry christmas to you too, louis

;o)