Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 12-18-2008, 04:49 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: why was Polonaise's account disabled ???

No Idea, but I'm in shock too.

He's an artist; unpredictable, original and he sometimes turns your brain upside down just for the purpose of it, but you feel refreshed afterwards!
I was one of the 310, and I'm gonna miss him.
I hope it was a mistake ro maybe it was George himself who decided to do this . . . one last brainturner from him ;))

I hope it has nothing to do with the last discussion I saw on TL :(

However I'm not so sure . . . the way this site is going . . . the endless silence of the admins . . . people who should have been banned ages ago can still go on and really insult people . . . others have been blocked . . . and the site has NO leadership.

A Black photo for George? . . . no way! . . . always remember George with a smile

Come on George!! . . . Get the phuck back to us!!!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 05:23 AM
TE Junior Member

OK

I didn't know about that forum thread on TL.
It probably explains the administrator's attitude.
I hope they have been correctly informed.
And they have had several complaints of this sort... so they have reason's to act and not just give a "warning"

Despite this, I still consider:
- they should have informed us of this decision (replacing Polonaise's intro by a message)
- they should find a way to restore his contribution, except if George himself has asked to remove all material

If this was to be confirmed, I will refrain from posting a black image or whatever form of protest.

... so I expect this forum thread will indeed be deleted...

??? but why is George account still active on TE then ?
Old 12-18-2008, 05:24 AM
TE Junior Member

I meant active on TL of course!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:12 AM
TE Newbie

Pour moi, aujourd'hui ce sera une photo pleine de belles couleurs vives et éclatantes.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:23 AM
TE Expert

Il n'y a pas un modérateur pour tenter d'expliquer l'inexplicable?
Old 12-18-2008, 06:47 AM
TE Senior Member

That's the part I do not understand either . . . and so all of it remains a guess . . .
Old 12-18-2008, 06:54 AM
TE Senior Member

Default The dream of reason produces monsters

what an idiotic place TE has become

... do you dare to have your own vivid and colorful personality, say out loud things, be different, not join friendly point sharing communities or share your desperate of attention craving pretty smiles in TE meeting workshops around the world, do you dare to have an above average IQ and not hide it shamefully, do you dare not to be sweet and nice and overall pleasantly dumb (or maybe comfortably numb)???

nooo way ... we'll stop you, ban you, kill you, terminate you for good, for ever, we'll make the tiniest traces to the memory of your loud personality gone forever, for good, eternally blown away in the 4 winds

good night TE (moderators) ... sleep well ...
ok, ok "the dream of reason produces monsters" but don't you worry about that ... it's just a quote, long gone words of a guy long gone

dora
Old 12-18-2008, 07:05 AM
TE Expert

the sad part is...

we all are venting our frustration about this injustice; but the aforementioned "ALL" is just a minuscule outspoken minority amongst the compliant, politically 'correct', well behaving 74,000 or so members of the TE. majority of whom probably even do not have the slightest idea who the heck Polonaise is... i'm concerned that this will just 'simmer down' and dissipitate the same way as Al Gore 'losing' the election to GWB not that many years ago.

so, my call goes to at least those 310 who for good reasons had chosen Polonaise as their favorite... put your name down here! express your opinion!

I, for my part: want all of his photos back! his photos and his notes served as a guiding photo textook for me; same applies for his critiques (as upsetting and irritating as they might be); luckily, those have not been deleted yet.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:11 AM
TE Expert

...And this site takes one more step towards boredom. Hooray for political correctness. Surely this reflects attitude of moderators more than one of George. I even have the impression that he'd been softer than he used to be.
I wish I had a proper photo to commemorate, but no. Actually I don't remember anybody even trying to imitate him.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:25 AM
TE Expert

I am shocked! Deeply shocked! This is the worst form of censorship any photographic site can afford to have. George was a photographer whose photographs stood out, not only by their content but also the way he approached the subjects. And his critiques? Many people would not have liked them because he expressed the truth in his own naked, sharp sword way. If he liked a picture, he would say that in so many words & if he did not, he would say so in no unclear terms. How many critiquers do we have here in this site who's capable of telling the truth as George did? It's a shame indeed & I protest strongly the diabling of his account. Are the moderators listening?
Angshu