Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 08-14-2008, 09:15 AM
TE Expert

Default How can I save my personal TE environment offline?

Did anyone ever try to save his own personal TE environment offline?
Are there any tools or programs to download my own part of a website?

The recent thread on the instability of TE has, among others, created a desire to also save my own TE account offline. Off course I still have all the photographs, but quite some time went into writing the notes that accompany my work and I would not like to loose these. Any ways of saving them in one go?

Thanks! Dennis Bours
Old 08-14-2008, 09:36 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: How can I save my personal TE environment offline?

Dennis, only four clicks and some minutes to wait until I get this window for a response. Have you ever used some older connection like a 300 Baud (I did that in earlier times, it is my profession). It reminds me to that.
OK. The answer from me (some might have developed a better solution):
I display the manage screen and start to print the page using the PDFcreator to make a PDF. Not fully automated and some pages to do but it works. As I started that some months before it is now only an update sometimes for one or two pages in the manage view. Let me see how often I have to press the Post-Button here for some success. Ulf
BTW: 4 times pressed - connection lost
Old 08-14-2008, 01:49 PM
TE Expert

I managed very well with a programme called Website Extractor.

Thing is that due to the structure of TE, it is hard to only get your own files and not the ones of others. But I found a good way to do so. You go to your intro page and then at the countries, you select them country by country.

An example for me would be:
http://www.trekearth.com/members/Dpbours/photos/Europe/Belgium/

I then have choosen a scan depth of 2 fields + staying within the same domain and it then works fine. Takes a bit of time, but you get all your photos off + notes + critiques.

And no, this is not in amy way meant to encourage people to steal files that are not theirs. Those people already know how this works!!
Old 08-14-2008, 07:17 PM
TE Senior Member

Dennis,

Ik schrijf de opmerking vooraf, in een textbestand, die vind ik eigenlijk belangrijker dan de foto's . . . ik word steeds handiger in de nabewerking, dus moet ik ooit opnieuw beginnen, dan bewerk ik de foto's ook liever opnieuw . . . maar ik heb zo wie zo ook een map met foto's die ik upload :)

ik maak geen pdf's van de kritieken . . . net als foto's moet je niet teveel vastleggen . . . je maakt jezelf afhankelijk van een medium buiten je geheugen om de mooiste dingen te GAAN herrinneren . . . om die reden fotografeer ik niet altijd de mooiste momenten . . . maar leg de camera aan de kant om te kunnen genieten. Een ander plaatje roept de herrinnering dan ook wel op . . . en dat is meer waard dan de waardering van de mensen hier . . . ongeacht hoe aardig ze zijn :)

Ik zie je vanzelf wel een keer fietsen!
groet uit een warm en mooi Riga,
David
Old 08-14-2008, 11:03 PM

Ahh, so it's *you* who's been slowing down TE ;)
Old 08-15-2008, 09:19 AM
TE Expert

Hahaha, I was waiting for that comment!!! :-D

Well, I did it in between crashes yesterday. A miracle in itself that I succeeded ;-P.