Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Announcements

Notices

Old 01-18-2003, 07:48 AM
TE Expert

Default New "Favorite Photos" Feature

Due to the increasing number of photos displayed on TrekEarth, a Favorite Photos feature has been added. Next to every photo on the left hand side is an 'Add Favorite' choice in the "Photo Options" dropdown listbox. Once a photo has been added, there will be a 'Remove Favorite' choice displayed in place of the 'Add Favorite' option.

Note that it is not possible to add your own photo as a Favorite.

A link to each member's Favorites is displayed in their 'Intro' page. For example, check out some of my favorites.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:45 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: New "Favorite Photos" Feature

Nice new feature, although I can see the favorites archives getting so large that it's no longer an effective sorting tool to get to specific good photos. Is this tool designed primarily to benefit the posting photographer or others viewing their work?

You might want to consider a favorite photographer option in addition to favorite individual photo. I find that I tend to like specific photographers' work in general, like new member 'amanda', who's work is exceptional overall.
Old 01-19-2003, 08:36 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: New "Favorite Photos" Feature

"Is this tool designed primarily to benefit the posting photographer or others viewing their work?"

It's designed for everyone in mind, for different reasons. It allows the person who added it to keep track of those photos which they really like. It allows others more chances to see exceptional photos, and gives insight into what other photographers find engaging. If I see people actually start using it I will probably put in a limit, like 100 photos.

"You might want to consider a favorite photographer option in addition to favorite individual photo."

Yes, this is coming soon...