Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great PJE 2007-06-10 22:23

Oh Richard now you got me really lusting after that new lens of yours. I would imagine that you were able to keep yourself at a safe distance for this shot too. Amazing details rendered and a very wonderful composition.
To answer your question you have the EF lens instead of a EFS model which stands for Electronic Focus Short. If you have the Canon 30D you still have the 1.6x multiplier factor just as I have with my 400D Xti. I have no idea how far away you were Richard. It seems you have lots of focal length to have fun with now too. If you don't mind me asking how much did your 100-400 cost you? I have to pay $1800 Canadian for it up here but have been looking at prices across the line in the US. Cheers Richard.. thanks for sharing!

Old 06-11-2007, 01:27 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To PJE: Good to be back taking phots

Hi Peter
Thankyou for the 1.6x wich explains the different focus lenght.
wait untill I get the x2 converter in!!I had to pay $2200 as our import tax is high.I was about 300 mters away from the wave. So I will be alot safer from now on.It is so quick and sharp that I now have a new zest for get great sharp bird shots.Get it as soon as you can. I wish that I had one 2 years ago.
Take care Richard.