Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photography

Notices

Old 04-01-2007, 09:34 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Steele-Perkins on Tokyo ... Francis?

I didnt mean his stuff was weak. I have no idea how much tome he spent in Tokyo but its generally pretty much a given that its not easy to just drop in a place, ane make a bunch of brilliant photos without weaker ones. Francis has the advantage that he lives in Seoul so for 70 photos Im sure he could put together a series that is more solid throughout. I think thats a given for any half decent photo "stuck" in one place. The challenge becomes to do it over years or decades all over the world.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:18 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Steele-Perkins on Tokyo ... Francis?

Ok, I meant some of his stuff was weak. I think he would be glad to hear different view about his work not just praising. That like he ever said to me "you should look at your work with critically eyes from time to tim" impressive words.

comparing with his FUJI book, I would love TOKYO LOVE HELLO much more. I don't think those pictures of FUJI can be make a book. they were just some sections of travelling. As to the TOKYO LOVE HELLO, I didnt mean the bunch of photos are not good, contrary, every single photo is so nice, the color, the composition...and that is magmun style you couldn't doubt. At first I just read some good compositions from those photographs, but at last I strongly to feel he give me the impression of Tokyo, the colors is so meaning, the light is so blur...the bunch of photos tell me Tokyo is a fantastic, magic, sexy, uncertainly, unco,crazy...modernize city. I like the impression that he give or maybe just what i felt. Lost Tokyo always make people sad, but I still would think whether the form of the bunch photos are better than the contain they have. and the way he shot TOKYO is a little like England