Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photography

Notices

Old 02-10-2007, 06:10 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: super cool photographer website

I disagree. Whats the good thing about a mess of a presentation Narayan? Revolution just for the sakes of it isnt good. In this case the presentation is terrible.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:31 PM
TE Expert

I think I got what Narayan felt about this site.

Yes, the content is crap, everybody agrees about that, yes, it looks like he's laughing at us, with a few images thrown over the sidewalk, yes, the navigation is tedious going in and out... but despite all the shortcomings, I like the cinematics of this site, the flipping photos, the way when you click on a photo, it wooooofs through your screen.
Someone wrote "that's flash so what?", tools doesn't mean much, I've seen plenty of flash based photo sites but they still us it the way a html site would, with only slight interaction... this is like photography : shooting with a Leica doesn't mean that good photo is guaranteed, you can have the most perfect tool and still use it like sh*t.

Like I said to Narayan, for me the perfect personal gallery (not speaking about the photo content) would be a mix between Professor Love's site I pointed and the cinematics of the site Narayan refered to.

Luko
Old 02-10-2007, 11:59 PM
TE Senior Member

Did you click on the little head icons on the bottom of some photos?

Well... a lot of people that think that websites should be really straight forward and allow the photos to speak for themselves... but there are tens of thousands of photographers that are making equally great photos... so the question becomes; how does one make themselves stand out from the rest?
Old 02-11-2007, 03:23 AM
TE Junior Member

I guess it all depends on whether you are just interested in the photos, or you think that the way they're presented is an extension of his art. Kind of like a good old frame on acid...
Old 03-11-2007, 07:53 AM
TE Junior Member

Hey Don, thanks for posting the link to that website.

OK the content is pretty cruddy, but the innovation is pretty neat. I think what the guy is doing is simply advertising himself online and showing the world how creative he can be and clearly its worked. It's good to see this creativity every so often.

You could also say its some kind of artistic display which deserved respect as well!