Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great everlasting 2006-12-23 6:06

Its true, many so called fishermen pose at the entrance to the lake for the tourists in hope to make a few $$$'s but I have seen many fishermen, kids and even a grandmother off the tourist route, rowing with their feet. It is still their preferred way of rowing. You have framed this quite well, eventhough the horizon needs to be straightened. I know its difficult in the boat.........

Old 12-24-2006, 12:39 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To everlasting: not all touristic

You're right about some people rowing by foot, not for tourists, but using this typical shaped net, I only saw on this boats. Most people of the beaten path used thin nets. And some of them were rowing with their hand and stand up and start using foot when they saw a boat coming. :D
Old 01-05-2007, 10:40 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To everlasting: not all touristic

Hello Regien,

Your shot reminds me wonderful moments.

I had the personal feeling that rowing with feet was still typical. I do agree that some fishermen at the exit of the canal close to the village do wait for tourists like you said.

Though, the place was so magical for my wife and I that we decided to spend 6 six days there instead of 3 as initially planned. Each day, we made something different and could especially spend some time along the very southern bank (about one hour and a half to reach) or to get up at night to visit the fishermen who do fish :) I felt that still used that technic when they needed speed or to move forward while using their net.

Anyway, it was something really special for me. I hope to go back there one day.

Thanks for your picture. Take care !

Steven