Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great pilpel-adom 2006-10-21 12:43

You're picture is a perfect allegory to woman's statues in Iran (as I know it from the news and TV) - they are nearly invisible, exactly as this woman is almost invisible between the two gentlemen, walking leisurely toward the dark opening...it seems that the renovation is taking place on the superficial and not at the core - instead of fast forwarding into the 21st century, dwelling in the pre-medieval periods...
Remarkable shot with a good crop to create this interesting composition of open/close gates, the colorful painting above...
Well done, Alex!
Chen

Old 11-29-2006, 08:03 AM
TE Newbie

Default To pilpel-adom: Hi from Iran

Hi Chen
I was reading your comment on that photo with the woman in the chador and I thought to enlighten you on the subject of women in Iran. First of all please don't be brainwashed by this media coverage of my country. Women are not held back here as many of our neighbor countries have done so. They drive; they have always been given the right to vote form the first time anybody voted in this country, over half of university students in Iran are now women and many other things that the media has shut its eyes on. People please open your eyes to the betrayal of the media to your knowledge of the world around you.

thanx

Maryam

for more info : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5359672.stm