Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > TE Treks

Notices

Old 01-12-2004, 04:23 PM
TE Expert

Default Going to Norway in the summer of 2004?

<p>I will probably spend a lot of time this summer at our cottage. Should any TE member be in this area you are welcome to stay overnight for 1-3 days in our little guesthouse (if it is free). The guesthouse has a small daily room and a sleeping room for 3. Gas oven for cooking. Outside there is a campfire for BBQ etc.</p>
<p>You can see some exterior pictures here (Choose Anne og Jacks hyttetun). The place is in very rural surroundings in the centre of the southern part of the country. The altitude is 850m. You will find a map here (click on the thumbnail for enlargement). With car the place is some 3 hr. from Oslo and 4 hr. from Bergen in the west. The place is reached 30 min from E16, Fagernes and 30 min from route 7, Gol. It is only 10 minutes from the popular route 51 that cross the valley.</p>
<p>Directly from the cottage you will find several opportunities for hiking, biking, fishing, or other nature experiences. Of course I will have many suggestion for activities in the whole region including the high mountains in the Jotunheimen as proposals for trips to our fjords or the west coast. And of course we will have some hiking in the surroundings together (if you like). And naturally we will have some talks and beers at the campfire.</p>
<p>Should you prefer to stay at the camping the best choice is Vasetdansen a place open the whole year. In the valley there are also several hotels in different price levels.</p>
<p>Be sure to contact me in good time to check availability and for more details,should this have your interest.</p>
Old 01-18-2004, 10:27 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume
Default Travelling Scandinavia this Summer...

Bonjour Jack,

It is a very attractive offer you're making, there are 3,298 members today on TE? ;o)

We are very lucky to be able to go some 5 weeks to Scandinavia this Summer.
Leaving May 26th, we plan to celebrate a wedding in Eskilstuna of two internet friends in Sweden. She is Dutch, he is Swedish, both members of the same site as I do, they met on the net... ;o)

It's not quite sure when the ceremony will be held, so we don't know yet in which periode we will visit Norway again. But I'll take contact with you later to make sure we can meet. And maybe visit you at your cottage. We also have a friend we want to visit in Bergen and another in Oslo.
We have to be back on July 4th at least.

Amicalement - Viviane
Old 01-18-2004, 11:38 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Travelling Scandinavia this Summer...

As you know Viviane - we are not excatly in the centre of the world. So even with all those TE members I think this is more in line with a "family invitation" (- everyone agrees to see each other more, but often it "runs out in sand").

You will sure go more or less straight by, going from Oslo to Bergen, and should your date fit with the periode we are in the cottage, you and the family are welcome. If so it would be very good if you stay (at least) for 2 nights to do a little hike together around in the neighbourhood one day (adjusted to your "form curve" ;-)

(When dates are ready pls. be welcome to use the contactform on the intro page for a little more privacy.)

Jack
Old 05-18-2004, 07:58 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Going to Norway in the summer of 2004?

Jack,
Thanks for your offer.
I've sent you a message with lots of questions regarding this area.

Regards,
Dmitry