Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great BlaiseCendrars 2005-12-22 4:31

Hi Jonathan,
Again you have made fantastic use of the hazy and cloudy skies. The reflection is superb. Another reason I came here is that I found this pic on the internet and I assume it has been stolen. I have had this happen to me also and I don't like it. The webpage is an Uzbek tourism company so I guess there's not much you can do about it mate.

http://www.uf.uz/content/page_10_0.html

the photo is at the bottom of the page

Best regards Chris

Old 01-02-2006, 08:47 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To BlaiseCendrars: Use of photo

Hello Chris,

Thanks for alerting me to the use of my photo on the United Friends website (and well spotted!). As you suspect, this has been used without permission. It's not the first time one of my TE photos has been taken for use by a third party and I'm sure the same thing has happened to many other members.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I feel annoyed that the company did not ask if they could use the photo (I would almost certainly have said yes if they had). On the other hand I do feel a bit flattered that they like one of my images enough to use it. I'm not a professional photographer, so I don't feel particularly hurt by the infringement of copyright, especially as this is a low res image.

As you say, there's not a lot anyone can do about this and it's something that will undoubtably be a problem with an easily accessible and high quality site like TE. I see it as a fairly minor concern set against the huge benefits of TE as a whole.

Once again - thanks very much for reporting this to me and thanks for your critique.

Regards,
Jonathan