Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great cgrindahl 2005-08-09 11:28

Both your work behind the camera and in post-processing is inspiring Richard. I always feel as though I want to see your images in a large format where all the fine subtleties would be clearly on display. Your images appear only rarely on the board, but they are always a treasure. The light on the water, in the distant cliffs, as well as the breaking surf, all beneath a brooding sky really make this image. Clearly, you seek the strong contrasts of nature in your images. Keeping details in the clouds as you do demonstrates fine work. Thanks as always Richard.

PS - Perhaps you've spoken to this before, but I'd be curious to learn what is "Lee's Red blue split."

Old 08-10-2005, 12:37 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To cgrindahl: Lee's Red blue split

Hi Curtis,
Thanks for your kind words, they are appreciated.
The Lee's Red blue split is a filter I had made especially for seascape work. The red half dakens the sky and boosts the clouds whilst the blue generally lightens the water to keep some interest.
I'm constantly being told that I don't need to worry with traditional filtration, as I can replicate the effect in PS but For me it's all part of the slow contemplative process that I enjoy.
Yours
Richard