Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great ivanhooace 2005-07-12 7:43

i have always thought that capturing pictures in china is slightly harder than in western country. The scenary in china stress on the beauty of sadness ( hard to find word to describe it , but if u are a chinese u will most probably understand it). this is why the painting always looks good than the photo. However, this guys Jonathan wilson suprised me by presenting us a dozens of beautiful china picture, inaddition to that, i can see the chinese spirit inside the picture as well;spirit that lies in every chinese.
Well done, i really enjoy the picture.

Old 07-12-2005, 10:55 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To ivanhooace: Thanks

Hi Ivan, thanks for your complimentary critique. I understand what you say about it being harder to capture pictures in China - I have posted several on TE from earlier trips but they have not been as successful. But I think in Jiuzhaigou the scenery is just so stunning that it is difficult not to take good photos!
Old 07-13-2005, 12:20 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To ivanhooace: Thanks

yes indeed, take for example Stone Forest, one of the picture u taken in yunnan, it is a magnificent scenenary in reality, but it just too hard to get that kind of feeling into pictures. One of the reason is that china scenary ( generally ) are mostly "desatured", the color are not as strong as in the western country, the leaves, mountain, river...etc.
This "desaturated" has created the unique beauty in china and hence u can always see that the black and white painting quite popular and succesful.

i agree that jiuzhaigou is an exception place where my theory above doesn't work on... it is a shame for i, as a chinese (a Malaysian chinese though) not been to jiuzhaigou even once....