Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > TE Projects

Notices

Old 07-03-2005, 05:13 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Mailing list created

Hello everyone,

I have created the mailing list. It is call tebook@photogr een.net (I'm the owner of photogreen.net domain).

- All subscribers messages or moderators approved messages sent to this address will be sent to people that have subscribe to the mailing list.

- Message sent by tebook's subscriber are not moderated and will be distribute to all subscribers as soon it is received by the mailing list.

- Message sent by non subscriber will be moderated and most probably deleted (unless useful for the working group) by the moderators.

- To subscribe to tebook@photogreen.net one need to send a mail to sympa@photogreen.net with SUB tebook in the subject or the body of the mail. Or alternatively one can click here.

- To unsubscribe from tebook@photogreen.net one need to send a mail to sympa@photogreen.net with SIG tebook in the subject or the body of the mail. Or alternatively one can click here.

- Every new subscription will be first validated by a moderator. When validated, the new subscriber will receive a confirmation message.

- Use tebook@photogreen.net to send a message to the mailing list.

- To invite someone to subscribe to tebook@photogreen.net one can send a mail to sympa@photogreen.net with INVITE tebook friends e-mail in the subject or the body of the mail. The person will receive a mail from sympa@photogreen.net inviting him/her to subscribe to the list.

- To differentiate messages you will receive from tebook@photogreen.net from your everyday mail, a tag is added to every message's subject sent from the mailing list. The tag is [tebook]. This can also help you to create filter to sort out the ML's message to a particular folder in you mail reader.

- When replying to a message from the mailing list, always make sure that you're using tebook@photogreen.net as the reply address. The mailing list default reply address is set to its own address so there should be no problem but some mailers software might change this, so it is always good to verify the reply address before hitting the send button.

I can create more mailing list if required, there could be a general mailing list and others for each workgroup of the project. Also, as I said before subscription to the mailing list are moderated and I'm the only moderator for now but I'm not in front of my screen 24/7 so if someone want to help me moderate the list please let me know.

If anyone is having a problem subscribing to the list, please contact me.

Cheers,

Romain.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:00 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To DOM. - Let's do it?

Or maybe a more concrete and fast aproach:

- eachone of us contact and invite 50 members
- the members willing to join must contact and invite more 10
- and so on...

We must work on a single mail template, and should restrict ourselfs to European Members, any ideas?

M.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:09 PM
TE Expert

Default TO: Isabele-Cesar; Jack-Herve; Dom-Mario

Gathering new members for this project is crucial, the invitation must be clear and efective.

Dominique didn's anwered to me yet, but i think the pay-it-foward system is the best, eachone of us invite a number of members - let's say 50 or 100 - and those members have to invite 10 new members and so on.

But i'm facing two dilemas here... a big and a small one:

--> Small Dilema: there will be duplicated invitations... well, if we want to be perfect this can be a real pain-in-the-:), but i really don't see any problem here... if someone receive two invitation just as to reply saying that they already joined before.

--> Big Dilema: I can only send 5 invitations per day, it will took ages to contact all members...

ADAM: i don't know if you are reading this, is there anychance to change the number of messages that one can send per day?

--> This is what i'm doing: Send a message via TE message service, briefing the project and inviting the receiver to visit the forum, then if the receiver wants to join he/she must reply my message with his/hers mail to further contacts.
--> I've started an excell database with all Europeans members invited, the i can add the sub-invitation and therefor track them all.

Any suggestions?

M.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:39 PM
TE Expert

Default You are right MArio

gathering new members is important

But I did reach a conclusion here, many would like to join but do not have time to participate and read at the forums all the threads, this is what I already received as an answer so far by some members.

So I believe that we should step forward anyway, reach the point of creating the themes and be more concrete about the invitation, I mean not to be so "open" and "undefined" cause this may discourage others to join.

So Mario, it is ok to start inviting but I now believe we should start creating the themes for picture selection and as the project starts its engines people would be more confident to join.

Time is precious to everyone,

K.
SO letīs create the themes, Henk you wanted to proceed, would you be so kind please? I go back now to my lessons, I have an exam today...
Old 07-08-2005, 12:33 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: You are right MArio

Dear all,
I step in very late, and catching up with everything is quite hard. Due to a lack of time (and holidays), I have postponed the action to step in, but it is getting harder and harder.
I would like to add a contribution to this project, although I have not the slihgtest idea what I could do. I have no special skills that seem appropriate, but like to give a hand when I think I can, or when needed. I can make time available if necessary.

I just subscribed to the mailinglist.
Rinie
Old 07-08-2005, 12:48 AM
TE Expert

Default Start with simple things

Hi Rinie,
This is taking off... slowly but it's moving :)

You can start adding photos to the TE BOOK 2005 themes, we've created to generalistic themes to make the first sort out of pictures.

Please see:

"TE BOOK 2005 - Own Photos" Theme
"TE BOOK 2005 - Other members photos" Theme

Feel free to contact me.

Maīrio