Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > TE Treks

Notices

Old 02-11-2004, 05:56 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Trek in Vietnam

Well, it is not exactly that but I am returning to my home country for a couple of weeks in April. My plan is to stay in HCM for a week and then to a trek to the North visiting Ha Noi, Ninh Binh, Ha Long and Sapa for two weeks. If anyone happens to visit VN at that time and want to meet or travel together, it would be great. You will get a personal translator and guide and I will get a shield when I cross the busy defying streets of VN. Just kidding! I think it will be fun to get together.

Thien
Old 03-12-2004, 01:41 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Trek in Vietnam

No reply since Feb? Thien, we ought to start a company for photo-tours in Southeast Asia - the tour companies that exist are way overpriced and we could do it better. What you think?
Old 03-13-2004, 02:17 AM
TE Junior Member

That's the problem, Philip. Since no one is responding to my desperate call, that means there are not enough T.E. trekkers to VN. If we open a tour company now, we would go bankrupt :D.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:55 PM
TE Newbie

Your invitation Thien sounds wonderfull ... As someone who have
visited Vietnam in the past to have a personal translator
is an immense plus. Not to mention someone who has roots in the country ...

As for myself I actually found a personal translator when I was in Vietnam for the second time and now she is also my "Boss"...

As for photographic tours ... its a great idea
Old 11-19-2004, 05:47 PM
TE Newbie

I am local from Hanoi. Would love to joint the team, however, during tet may not be a good time. However, let keep me in the loop of planning to see if I can do anything. Spring in northen of Vietnam is much beautiful with festival and flowers.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:27 PM
TE Expert

We are planning to enter Vietnam at Lao Cai International Bridge from Kunming and Hekou around February 20, 2005.

Could you please give us some info regarding Sa Pa and Bac Ha districts during the First Full-Moon of Lunar Calendar Year (Ram Thang Gieng). We appreciate so much if you advise us about the minority's celebration to start their planting season up there. Also, will Sa Pa still have fog during the last week of February?

Thank You.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:00 AM
TE Junior Member

I don't really know about the celebrations of the ethnic minorities but the last big celebration that I heard was in the beginning of April. In Feb., the weather were still pretty cold. I only starting to see some actions in the field by the end of April but last year was a brutally cold year for North VN.

I had fog every single morning/night in April with breaks in between. I think you have a very good chance to have them still.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:42 PM
TE Newbie

Trinh Vinh,

Hello! I'm visiting Hanoi for a month or so and would love to have a partner to go on a "phototrek" with. I'm very new to photography, so I might be asking for advice a lot... and my Vietnamese classes have just started, so I may rely on you a little for translation as well! But I'm very keen on seeing the city and photographing it! I've wandered around the old quarter quite a bit, and I've taken the local buses to places outside of the city centre... but I'm still not sure of the best places to photograph. I'm using only a wide angle lens, so I'm most interested in street photography and landscapes.

Please let me know if you're interested! fyi... my email address is canadianhousewife@hotmail.com (don't ask why!). the email address connected with earthtrek is not actually mine, so please email directly to the "housewife" account. Thanks.

Thanks.
Lori
Old 05-11-2005, 08:31 PM
TE Newbie

Hi hi.. I will be travelling to Hanoi as well but in July! I have a Vietnamese friend there who will also take me around, but it's great to meet other photographers as well!! Unfortunately you'll be there in April/May??