Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Announcements

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2003, 08:40 AM
TE Expert

Default RSS Feeds Now Available

TrekEarth has RSS feeds available for the five most recently posted photos categorized by location (world/continent/country) or by member. An [RSS] link will be displayed on any page offering an RSS feed. It's possible to use these feeds in a weblog or other website, or in a desktop RSS aggregator application. For more information on TrekEarth RSS feeds, check out this rss page.

RSS, which stands for Really Simply Syndication, is used to share headlines and lists among websites.

To see an example, look at the bottom-right column at www.trekjapan to see the latest titles and a partial note for the latest five photos from Japan posted to TrekEarth.

Feeds are not enabled for member pages by default. Country feeds are available for the ten countries with the most photos posted on this site. To request one's member photo page or another country's feed, just let me know.

I'd like to thank Rob (justrob) for providing a detailed explanation about RSS and a sample RSS feed. If anyone encounters problems or has suggestions on how this feature may be improved, please let me know. Thanks!