Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great willperrett 2014-05-22 3:12

Hello Alicia

I've been looking through your portfolio, and came across this: there's a theme going on here it seems! What a shame it's attracted no smileys so far: well it has now I've critiqued it! I'd really like to know what post-processing you've done to create this "dirty", moody effect: I like it very much, and that's from someone who normally eschews heavy post-processing! By the way, if you feel your imagery is not getting the attention it deserves on this site, try critiquing some others' work: it's the only way to get traffic back to you!

Kind regards

Will

Old 06-01-2014, 11:22 AM
TE Newbie

Talking To willperrett: Thanks

Thanks Will!

About the dirty post-processing, I think it was only warm tone in the lights and blue tone in the shadows, and that was applied because of the dull grey tone of the day light. I prefer the beauty of natural light always, but sometimes I find something I like under an awful light, and I have to choose between not taking the photo or taking it and giving it the sense and atmosphere I perceived from the scene. Sure you know that many times something was more impacting in reality than after in the photo, than its photo doesn't do justice to its model. Sure also it is a fault of the photographer, so you can have the necessity of mending it in the post-processing, to give the motive the best it deserves. Nevertheless, I prefer to find, not to decorate, in photography.

Salud, Amor y A-legrķa Will!