Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great delpeoples 2014-02-10 2:01

Dear Krysztof

At the outset, can I say that this is a great daily life shot, 2 gorgeous girls walking by an angry fat old guy, with a beautiful architectural backdrop. I think the HDR is a little heavy handed and would be interested to see how this looks as a RAW file or with a subtler post processing. There are many on TE that like this level of HDR, so please don't be offended by what I've said. It really is a matter of personal taste.

Thanks for sharing, have a lovely day
Lisa

Old 02-10-2014, 10:15 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To delpeoples: Thank You

Thank You Lisa for your kind comment and constructive critique.I appreciate it a lot.You´re right-the HDR and people doesn´t work well together.It´s great to bring out for example textures of old walls,but people in HDR seem to be "artificial".I think we learn from our mistakes

Once again Thank You
Krzysztof
Old 02-10-2014, 11:18 AM
TE Expert

Smile Oops

Hi Krzysztof

Thanks for being so gracious. But I've just re-read my critique and half of it has been lost for some strange reason!

I went on to say that I think people aren't great for HDR - great minds think alike eh. But also on the flipside, the details you obtained in the BG architecture are really beautiful and probably wouldn't have been achieved in a single shot image. And I think the HDR has also evened out the shaded areas and the lit areas. So there are definite pluses and minuses here.

Anyway, thanks for being such a good sport about my poorly communicated half-baked critique.

Cheers
Lisa