Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Good willperrett 2014-01-22 7:53

Hello Mesut
It's always good to see old photographs from members' archives. Scanned slides like this however can be very dusty, and I'm afraid this one is: particularly in the dark areas, it's fairly obvious. I don't know if you were using a dedicated slide scanner, or the shoe-in on a flatbed; I've used both, and have to say that there is a real difference in scan quality, sharpness and resolution if you can get hold of a slide/negative scanner. And why do the figures all look foreshortened? OK, whinges over! I actually really like the large areas of negative space you've allowed, and the chiaroscuro effects are fine. You'll just have to get busy with that Spot Healing Brush!
Regards
Will

Old 01-22-2014, 03:30 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To willperrett: Scan Quality

Hello Will,

If you'll take a look to my WS's than you'll notice that this is a trial with a very very simple scanning method and it's not possible to expect better qualifications !

MESUT ILGIM
Old 01-23-2014, 07:26 AM
TE Junior Member

Default scan

Hi Mesut
I did have a look at your scanning method, and commented on it on your Metro image: I'd forgotten that that was you after the lapse of a few days! But you can still clean up the dust marks on your digital file (and also stretch it so that the people don't all look foreshortened)!
Will