Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great tyro 2013-11-20 3:10

Good morning Bev,

An interesting note about this beautiful place. I'm so pleased that you managed to save your awning. Not nice having to brave the wind on that rather exposed headland. I remember the days when we had a caravan: it was always best to choose one of those sites which catered not only for caravans but for tents too - there's nothing quite like the schadenfreude gained from sitting back in the warmth of your caravan or camper van, sipping a gin and tonic, listening to the rain battering down and watching the campers trying to put up their tents. Unfortunately, on at least one occasion, the tent folk had their revenge the following day when our car and caravan became steadfastly stuck in the mud!

A lovely pair of photographs you have shows us although many like Gert (holmertz) or Gunnar (saxo042) will miss the presence of human interest which was so apparent in your last upload in the form of walkers. This (main) picture also has a slight slant on the horizon too though the workshop picture (taken from your van and probably also after the calming effect of a couple of gins) is dead straight.

Both pictures show lovely light and colours, perfect exposure and excellent sharpness. And, of course, they both have wonderful skies - can you tell me how you always seem to manage to get such interesting and characterful skies in your pictures or is that a secret too? :o)

Lovely!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:46 AM
TE Expert

Red face To tyro: The horizon

Hi John,

Thanks for this very thoughtful critique.
It is a bit since I processed this shot and I remember messing with the horizon which is so slight that it tipped the other way if I rotated it. What I should have done was to use distort, for that sliht amount.
Well spotted.

Talking about watching others ... our friends have just got a caravan. We sometimes camp on sites together. We park up, pull out the veranda, open the chairs, pour a glass of wine and watch them struggling to park, getting out the awning, etc. Maybe it backfires because we have usually got the meal ready whilst they are still messing!

Thanks again,
Bev